Due to Covid crises, lockdown has given us many opportunities to understand our skills and talents. No doubt that we are not able to go out dress up and put our favourite makeup on. But do you realize, you can use this time to understand new DIY projects which will in future help you. Talking of which lipstick is one such skin care product which most of women use almost every day. It can be used even in the extreme weather condition. If you want to make one for yourself then this post can be of great help to you. Some lipstick comes with different colours, some with aroma. The call is yours on how you apply and the purpose of applying it.
Also Read- Lipstick Shades For Medium Skin Tone
Advantages Of Homemade Lip Gloss
- The reasons why homemade lip stick is advised is because it can save your money and time. It does not take much time of yours to be made at home.
- The additives that are used in it are completely natural. This means the risk of side effects and any kind of allergies is less
- Be it the scent, consistency, colour you can manage it all in the right way without causing any kind of mess
- It is time to make your own lipstick that can give you better choices use the ingredients of your taste. You can even avoid those ingredients of not your choice or which you think can sting the lips.
- As compared to the lipstick that are available in the market, making a lipstick at home is advised since it gives your lips more softness and better protection.
Before Starting With The Process:
Before you start creating a lipstick or lipgloss, it is important to make hold of all the items that you require for creating a lipstick. You first must focus on the container or a pot in which you will be putting the lipstick. You can also choose the option of lip balm tubes that are easily available the market. Or if you have one already, just wash it and reuse it to save additional money. Look for the small pot which is made of either glass, metal or plastic. Keep a note that you have to wash the container thoroughly and soak it well in the hot water. Later let it get dried out and then wipe it off well using a cotton ball which is well soaked in the white vinegar. You can even rub alcohol if you have around.
Naked Lip Stick And Gloss Recipe:
This is a perfect blend of lip gloss and lipstick which you can wear at home or use outside.
- Cocoa butter-1/2 ounce
- Vitamin E oil-1 ml
- Beeswax-2 Tablespoons
- Shear butter-1/2 ounce
- Wheat germ oil-1 Tablespoon
- Jojoba oil-1 ml
- Avocado oil-1tablespoon
- You must first take the bees wax and then melt it well in microwave.
- Out some cocoa butter in it and keep heating it, till it gets melted down completely.
- You need to then add the other oils and blend it well.
- Ut is time to out the whole mixture on the pot which you shall be using as the lipstick.
- Since it contains some oils along with healthy vitamins, you must try it.
This is another best concept you can try making at home. This lipstick is made without using any kind of animal-based ingredient. You can swap the beeswax for the candelilla wax. As a substitute for beeswax you can always use vegan wax which you will be needed.
Steps For Colouring
It is time to first start making a tint. For this, you need small amount of the lipstick which is coloured on that you already have. You need it for making a lipstick that can seem a little odd but if you have different colours, you can then blend them well to create a new one.
You may have knife at your home, use it for cutting the edge of the lipstick into small amounts. Melt it well and mix with the ingredients well when they are warmed in the dual boiler. You can also choose other colouring options such as
- Alkanet root powder
- Natural food colouring
- Cocoa powder
- Turmeric powder
- Beet root powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Mica powder
- Annatto powder
Steps For Tinting
If you want to add the colour first, do so but make sure the tinting is done properly.
Further for the powders you need only a pinch of any of the options that are shared.
A little goes a long way, so add the colour slowly.
If you are okay to see the colour that has come up then you can go ahead and add more colour in the small portion of the mixture before it gets well blended in the whole mixture.
Steps For Flavouring
Now that linstock is being made, it is incomplete if there is no flavouring added. You can that is why go for a scented or a sweet flavour. For this, add a drop of vanilla, honey or the agave nectar or maple syrup. Some also uses a green tea or chocolate chips as more healthy options.
Don’t Forget To Name Your Lipstick:
Don’t forget to segregate your lipstick property. You can print the label for the product or use a nail polish which will boost your artwork completely. Make sure you do a good investment in the containers which can be used for the long span of time.
Now that you have all the tips and tricks which needs to be done for using the lipstick it is time that you start creating on own. The best part of using such lipstick is you will not have any risk of allergies or side effects. Besides, there are some video tutorials as well shared that can help you do the best from the ingredients available at home to make your own lipstick. You can use such ones for a long time and carry it anywhere and use in all weather.