Every person is perfect in their own way and they do feel the need to apply rosy cheek, smokey eye or a glossy lip occasionally. All the cosmetics available in the market contain chemicals and toxins that might harm you, your skin and your life totally as long as you use it. Why are we using these toxic products when we can make our own make up products at home?
There are wide range of products in the beauty industry that are linked to eczema, infertility, birth defects, skin irritation, and cancer. Try to substitute at least one product in our makeup product with the makeup products made at home every week and see the difference in your face. We have some of the DIY ideas to make your own makeup products at home that will help in producing feelings of relaxation and tranquility. You can make homemade makeup products from skin masks to anti-aging skincare including soaks, scrubs and more, your face, body, and lips. Even your feet will look and feel better with these at home makeup products?
Also Read- 10 Essential Makeup Kits You Can Buy Online
1. Anti-Aging Cocoa Face Mask
This antioxidant-packed cocoa mask is filled with moisture and gives skin a youthful appearance. Skincare expert Jasmina Aganovic, the skin ages and the moisture barrier begins break to break down leading to dryness and the immunity layer of the skin weakens. At this stage, hydration is the most important skin saver.
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Sour Cream – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- White Egg – 1 No.
- Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to your face and let it dry.
- Later rinse it with water.
All the ingredients present is a multi-tasking wonder-cream. The sour cream is a form of lactic acid and this hydrates as it gently exfoliates. Honey acts like humectants and boosts like hydration. The protein part in the egg white tightens and firms the skin.
2. Homemade Face Scrubs for Every Skin Type:
For making the scrub, you will need to choose the best exfoliate for your skin. There are four varieties of sugar and salt for exfoliating your skin. These are brown sugar, white sugar, iodized table salt and black lava sea salt. Sugar is less abrasive than salt and hence dissolves more easily. Brown sugar is best for sensitive skin and is the softest. Salt exfoliates well and helps in removing impurities and dead skin. Black lava sea salt helps in removing dead skin and also helps to increase cell activity. There are various oils to choose from and choose the best as per your skin.
- Sugar or salt
- Oil – As per choice
- Fruit or vegetable – As per choice
- Air-tight containers
- Choose a container and measure your exfoliate such that the container is ¾ full.
- Take oil of your choice. Take salt or sugar and oil in the ratio of 2-to-1.
- Take a bowl and mix oil and sugar or salt. Stir it gently until it is combined thoroughly.
- Add fruits or vegetables of your choice and muddle the mixture until it is combined well. Do not mix it too much as the granules will start to dissolve.
- Pour the mixture in a storage container and keep it in refrigerator. You can use it for up to 2 weeks.
The scrub made of salt, tomato and olive oil helps in retaining your skin’s elasticity. For sensitive skin, you can combine brown sugar, avocado oil and cucumber.
Also Read- Make Your Night Cream With These 5 DIY Ideas
3. Easy Three-Step Oatmeal Facial Mask
An oatmeal facial mask is an inexpensive way to pamper your skin at home. Oatmeal has soothing ingredients that relieves irritated and itchy skin on your face and leaves you with smooth skin. Make this oatmeal facial mask three times a week.
- Oats – 4 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Egg – 1 No.
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Grind 4 tbsp. of rolled oats into blender and grind the oats till they form a coarse powder.
- Take a small bowl and pour the ground oats in them. Add 1 tbsp. of honey and mix well to form a uniform mixture. Honey helps to improve the texture of the mask and moisturizes your skin.
- Take an egg and crack it without breaking the yolk. Pour the yolk in the above mixture bowl and mix it to form a nice paste. Egg yolks are rich in Vitamin D and act as an antioxidant and delay the aging process.
Apply this face mask on the face and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Later rinse it off with thoroughly with warm water. Take a towel and pat your face.
If your skin is oily then add a slash of lemon juice to clean away the excess oil.
4. Homemade Natural Deodorant Recipe
The recipe is simple to make and ingredients can be found easily at home.
- Baking Soda – 2 tablespoons
- Starch (arrowroot powder, corn starch, tapioca, potato starch) – 2 tablespoons
- Organic Coconut Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Take a bowl and mix baking soda and starch powder of your choice. Add coconut oil and stir it to form a smooth and creamy texture.
- Transfer the content into a plastic food container and refrigerate it until it is hard.
- After it is hardened, rub it on your face like a ordinary deodorant. Keep it in a airtight container in fridge to preserve. Rub the texture like a lotion in room temperature.
Coconut oil has lots of antibacterial properties and works well as a natural deodorant. You can also use butter or vegetable oils in place of coconut oil.
5. Homemade Mascara
Homemade Mascara does a great job darkening, separating and conditioning the lashes. The recipe is easy to make.
- Coconut Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Aloe Vera Gel – 4 teaspoon
- Bees Wax Pellet – 1 teaspoon
- Charcoal (for Black) or Cocoa Powder (for Brown) – 1-2 capsules
- Clean Mascara Container – 1 No.
- Over low heat, put coconut oil, aloe vera gel and grated bees wax. Stir it gently till beeswax is melted completely.
- To the mixture add charcoal or cocoa powder. Stir till it mixes completely. Remove from heat.
- Pour this in a small plastic bag and push the mixture down to one corner. Cut a small hole in the opposite corner of the bag.
Homemade mascara should be used wisely. Dispose the mascara if you find any foul strange smell or pungent. Though, it is unlikely and unusual but the mascara have the capacity of growing bacteria in them.