Have a look at the various makeup products you have with you? Won’t it be great if you can create some new things with them for your makeup? The eye shadow palette can be used for a lot more than just adding color to the eyelids. How nice it would be if you make your cat eyes and wings on fleek every time. It hardly matters if you a beginner of pro at a makeup. The tips and hacks are always handy, cool and easy. You can easily make these DIY cosmetics with some of the ingredients at your home. Some of the products are so beneficial to the skin that you will be surprised by creating your own natural skincare out of the things from your kitchen pantry.
Continue to read to know more about the cool and easy DIY makeup ideas for beginners.
Also Read- Lipstick Shades For Medium Skin Tone
1. Crayon Lipstick
You will be surprised to know that you can create a DIY non-toxic lipstick from crayons.
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
- Essential Oil like coconut oil, sunflower oil, or Jojoba oil.
- Take a crayon and a Vaseline petroleum Jelly.
- Mix well.
- For an added moisturizing effect, you can add any essential oil like coconut oil, sunflower oil, jojoba oil of your choice.
2. DIY Cream Eyeshadow
This cream eye shadow is an ingenious product.
- Coconut Oil
- Powder Eye shadow
- Empty EOS lip balm container
- Put one scoop of coconut oil in a mixing container
- Add some beeswax into it. Keep the coconut oil and beeswax in the ratio of 1:3.
- Make use of pressed or loose eye shadow of your choice into the mixture.
- Set the microwave to 30 seconds and keep the mixing container in it. After 30 seconds, take it out and mix it a bit and again keep it for 30 seconds. Now, this mixture will have been melted and you can mix it thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in the empty EOS lip container on the top part of it such that the eye shadow can be molded.
- Close the lip balm container and tightly seal it. Refrigerate and cool it for 30 minutes.
3. Smooth Finish DIY Eye Shadow Primer
Some of you might feel that eye primers are out of budget. But this DIY makeup idea is within budget and can be made easily.
- Small tub
- 100% Aloe Vera Gel
- Flat scooping utensil
- Fragrance-free body butter or thick face moisturizer.
- Add foundation into the container. Select the foundation that is close to the shade of your skin tone.
- Add concealer in the same ratio as foundation to the container.
- Add a drop of your body butter or face moisturizer into it. Moisturizer will help to prevent the lids form drying up.
- To this mixture add a drop of Aloe Vera gel. This gel helps to keep the oil away as excess oil results to creasing.
- With the help of toothpick, mix thoroughly.
- With your ring finger or a flat eye shadow brush, apply the primer on the lids. Starting from the lash line work till the brows. If you plan to apply eye shadow or eyeliner on your lower lash line, do not forget to apply the primer also.
4. Makeup Setting Spray
Make this cool and easy DIY setting spray which is inexpensive. For this you will need-
- 100% Glycerin
- Distilled Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Take glycerin in a bowl and add distilled water to it. This helps greatly to create a DIY setting spray that works finely and adds value to your skin.
- Store this in empty old bottles like MAC Fix+ spray bottle.
You can make rose water toner, Aloe vera toner and glycolic acid toners. They help in reducing wrinkles and promote healthy skin.
Also Read- Top 10 Best Drug Store Priced BB Cream!
5. Seaweed Mascara
Mascaras are the makeup products that are easy to apply. It helps to brighten your eyes when you have it on.
- Activated Charcoal – 1 teaspoon
- Bladdderwrack Powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Vitamin E – 1/8 teaspoon
- Beeswax – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil – ½ teaspoon
- Castor Oil – 1 ¾ teaspoons
- Empty Mascara tubes
- Take a pan and mix all the above ingredients in it and keep it on a stove.
- Keep stirring until beeswax melts and mixes with the oils.
- When the mixture gets warm, pour it into a plastic baggy.
- Make a tiny cut at one of the bottom corners of the baggy.
- Squirt it into a mascara tube. After you have finished, place the stopper.
- DIY mascara takes 30-60 minutes to thicken
- Store it in a cool place.
6. Homemade Nontoxic Eyeliner
The nontoxic eyeliner is super pigmented, super cheap and super easy to make.
- Vitamin E oil – 1 capsule
- Aloe Vera Gel – ½ teaspoon
- Activated Charcoal – 3 capsules
- Small tub
- Break one capsule of Vitamin E oil and put content in a small tub.
- Add aloe vera gel into it and mix well.
- Pour contents of the activated charcoals by breaking the capsules on the mixture and mix well.
- With the help of toothpick see it the ingredients are thoroughly mixed to a smooth mixture.
- You have now got your super pigmented DIY eyeliner from natural ingredients.
7. Homemade Loose Face Powder
A good face powder is all you need along with foundation.
- Arrowroot Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Coffee or spice grinder
- Cacao Powder – 1.5 tablespoon
- Cinnamon – ¼ teaspoon
- Zinc Oxide – 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E
- For making dark powder mix all the ingredients in a spice grinder and make it coarse powder.
- Add 4-5 drops of Vitamin E to the spice grinder to create a healthy new powder to stay fresh and longer.
- Do not inhale powders especially the zinc.
- With a puff application, test it on your face.
- Store it carefully in a container and secure lid.
8. DIY Face Moisturizer
Face moisturizer is just great for your skin.
- Take a bowl and a banana.
- Mash it properly. Banana is a great skin toner and moisturizer.
- Add honey to the above mixture and mix well. Honey acts as an anti-aging property.
9. All-Natural Homemade Eyeshadow
Most of us use the neutral tones like creams, browns and tans. Making homemade eye shadow is the best option and is quite cool and easy.
- Arrowroot Powder
- Shea Butter
Add combination of any of these
- Cocoa Powder
- Add ¼ tablespoon of Arrowroot powder. You can add more or less as per your need. The more powder used will make the eye shadow lighter.
- Add any one of the four combination of powder mentioned above ad mix thoroughly.
- After mixing well, add ½ teaspoon of shea butter.
- Mix it well and the butter will make the home eye shadow on your lids and provide an ice moisturizing kick.
10. DIY Green Apple Bath Bombs
The amazing smell of green apple scent is just great.
- Baking Soda – 8 ounces
- Citric Acid – 4 ounces
- Epsom salts – 4 ounces
- Corn Starch – 4 ounces
- Water – 2 teaspoon
- Green apple essential oil – 2 teaspoon
- Apricot oil – 2 teaspoon
- Green Dye – 3 drops
- Take a large mixing bowl and mix all the dry ingredients in it like Epsom salt, baking soda and corn starch except citric acid.
- Take another bowl and mix water, essential oil, apricot oil and food coloring.
- Combine both dry and wet mixture and should resemble the texture of moist sand. This should be like a flour consistency.
- Mix and push down with a spatula on the chunks of the wet. It will turn into a even color meaning a good mix. When the mixture is squeezed in to your fist it should hold together.
- Add citric acid and mix again.
- Pack it tightly into the mold and let it set for 24 hours. Remove it slowly and see that it does not crumble up, or else allow it to dry for more time.
These cool and easy DIY makeup products are good to be used daily. Of course, these need time and patience but it is possible.
These makeup ideas are homemade cosmetics that are good for the skin.
What are you waiting for? Do try them at home.