Couple goals are not only trending the world over but are also the hottest fad on the circuit. Fun couple exercises form an integral part of a couple goals that you need to adapt to your lifestyle. And hey… if you love him then you better show it!! These couple workouts are fun to go by and also give you quality time to spend with your partner.
There are a wide variety of fun couple exercises that you can do with your partner to get the Ying and the yang in alignment.
Listed here are some really fun ways to get going:
- Partner squat – Stand, feet hip-width apart, about 1m away from your partner and hold your partner’s opposite hand. Your arm and your partner’s arm should be fully extended. Holding each other for support, lower into a deep squat, letting your butt sink until it’s a few inches above the ground. Stand to return to starting position. Do 12 to 20 reps.
- Over-Under – Start this exercise by just placing your feet hip-width apart and stand with your back against each other. One of you holds a dumbbell with both hands overhead while the other person extends the arms, but doesn’t hold a dumbbell. Make a squat at the same time. Make sure that your butts remain at the same height and your knees do not get beyond your toes. Now both bend forward. Person 1, the one with the dumbbell, passes it through the legs onto her BFFF. Then both stand straight again and the second person passes the dumbbell overhead to the person to 1. This is one repetition. Do this 15 times, then change direction.
- Farmer’s carry hand-to-shoulder tap –
Partner A: Get into a high plank. Your partner holds your legs as you lift one hand off ground, raise butt and touch the opposite knee. Do 6 to 12 reps, alternating sides. When done, switch moves with your partner.(Easier variation: Tap your opposite shoulder instead of your knee.)
Partner B: Stand behind and hold your partner’s ankles as she completes her reps. When done, switch moves with your partner.
- Isometric oblique hold – Stand facing each other, feet hip-width apart. Join palms together. Place back of one hand against your partner’s. Use core strength to apply pressure and counter your partner’s force. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds. Switch hands and repeat.
- Partner leg raise with a twist – Lie down next to each other, facing opposite sides (i.e. your head is beside your partner’s legs). Hold each other’s hands. Using abdominal strength, lift legs and butt off ground, then swing to the left side, lower legs and tap feet on the ground. That’s 1 rep. Do 10 to 20 reps, alternating sides. (Easier variation: Keep legs bent instead of straightening them.)
These couple fun exercises will give you a fitness high, apart from being fun to do together, it also spices up your fitness life with your pa