Summer bodies are all the way in!
We all want to achieve a fit and healthy body that will provide us with energy. But reaching our goal can seem impossible and the time frame to do so seems too long.
There are some simple steps that you can take towards achieving a healthier lifestyle without putting too much strain on yourself. You just need to find the best exercise plan for you, set yourself realistic yet challenging goals, start slowly but consistently, fuel your body with nutritious foods and supplements, track your progress using tools such as smart watches or fitness bands, and work at it every day until it becomes an integral part of your life.
It really is achievable! It could be just weeks away from where you are now. So, expand your boundaries, reach for the stars and see where it can take you.
What are the steps towards having a fit body?
- Find a workout plan that matches your goals: There are many exercise plans out there. Do some research and find the one that will be most effective in achieving your fitness goals. For example, if you’re aiming for strength gains, then consider training three times a week with heavy weight or repetitions between 3-5 sets. However, if you require endurance then maybe plan on working out four to five times a week with moderate reps/weight between 8-12 sets.
- Set goals: The better you can define your goals, the easier it will be for you to reach them. For example, if you want to lose weight, then you may want to decide on a date that you’re aiming for (e.g., one month or six months from now) and weigh yourself weekly or bi-weekly to ensure that you are on track. Remember though that it takes time so don’t get discouraged and give up after a couple of weeks if the pounds haven’t dropped off yet!
- Start slowly but consistently: We all know that there is no such thing as a diet that is effective overnight. Keep yourself accountable and be realistic. If you can, then work out 3-4 times a week but if that’s not possible, start with 2 or 3. Just be consistent about doing it as much as you can.
- Fuel your body: Before and after your work out make sure that you are fueling your body with good nutritious foods and supplements such as protein shakes. Not only will this ensure that your muscles are getting what they need to repair after a long sweaty work out but it will also help when working on loosing weight or maintaining it.
- Track your progress: Using tools such as smart watches or fitness bands, you can monitor how far you’ve come. Motivate yourself by tracking all of your hard work!
- Keep at it every day: Exercise is not a one-off thing -especially long term. You need to be consistent to see the results that you want. Take a look at yourself every week and ask yourself: “am I getting healthier or fatter?” Believe in yourself and keep going!
- Strive for greatness: If you find that you are lacking self-confidence, it could be an indication that you need to work harder towards achieving your fitness goals. Remember that it requires commitment, consistency and hard work.
Having a fit body is one of the biggest turnons for women. People believe that having a perfect physique will make them feel amazing, confident and more attractive. No matter what shape or size they are in, everyone wants to feel positive about themselves, but they can’t imagine that their body is not perfect. Everyone has a body image. The way we judge our bodies affects how we think about ourselves. It is all about believing in ourselves and taking positive actions to develop the qualities we want to have on the outside.
The best exercise is the one that you love doing! The more you want to do it, the more it will benefit you. Focus on your goal and have fun doing the exercise without becoming competitive or wearing yourself out with over training. Remember that not everyone can run around, jump rope, or play tennis as well as others can and not everyone wants to act like a cheerleader for hours on end!
Being fit is about kicking the bad habits that hold you back and having a healthy lifestyle. It’s an attitude that can inspire us to tackle challenges and lead a better life than the one we had before.