Covid crises has seriously resulted to a lockdown. Well, we cannot deny the fact that precautions are important and staying at home as much as possible is needed. But what can be done with those growing hair? Well, this question must be in mind of all. May be now after a lot of struggle those growing hair are finally enticing you. But don’t keep them as they are. instead, you can groom them well. The idea of going to salon at such crucial situation can be avoided. You can consider of doing hair highlight and touch-up at home itself.
Also Read- How To Protect Your Hair In Summer
Highlighting Your Hair At Home: Not A Challenge Anymore
If you want to highlight the hair from the root and cover it well then surely at home hair colouring may not be easy. But let us not deny the fact that it is not impossible as well. What matters is you have all essentials supplies and tools that are needed for good colouring, a pack of good brand’s colour and the right technique which is important. This way in such desperate times, you can be rest assured that your hair colour will be put to best use and your hair will get the right styling too.
Also Read- Black Seed Oil Magic To Your Hair And Skin
Are You Ready With Your Supplies? Things To Consider:
Have A Kit Ready For The Highlight:
It does not matter whether you are making at home kit for highlighting or you way to simply have a lighten, your color kit will not lighten or remove the permanent color if you have a pigmented hair. That is why, you need to decide on the right shade which can give your hair a good highlight. For this, select a kit that has a labeling stating best for the beginners instead of the desired highlighting color. If you take a box stating the caramel highlights, it will look distinct on someone who has got brown base as compared to someone who has hair of reward strands. You must focus on getting the highlight kit that clearly mention it is for the brown hair.
Make Use Of The Right Tools:
Along with the kit, you need to focus on important tools that are needed. Foil for the hair should be carefully chosen. Aluminium foil for highlighting is the best thing. The only difference is the foil and the tinfoil’s that the tin foil is pre-cut because of which the colourist at the salon can work at a faster pace. But you can always go for the regular aluminium foil which can separate the hair that you shall be colouring from the one that you won’t be. But also keep a note that regular aluminium foil available at home are heat conductor which means when you will wrap the hair in the foil, it will lighten at a faster pace.
Clothes And Hair Should Be Prepped:
It is important to be ready from your end from start till finish. Your hair will of course be in its best condition. But you must work on them too. For this, you must start with unwashed hair. You can do a shampoo a day before getting the highlights. You need to wear old clothes which in case the colour falls can be thrown or used for some other purpose. It is important to have couple of old towels with you to wipe the hand when needed. And don’t forget to have the gloves ready.
It Is Time To Follow The Instructions:
Once you are all set with the supplies, it is time for you to go ahead and start with your highlighting part. Remember, every at home highlight kit comes with variety of instructions. That is why, it is important when you follow the do it yourself, you need to follow the instructions in way which is less complex and safe as well. This way you can get the best result.
Also Read- DIY – How to make hair serum at home
Steps To Highlight Your Hair At Home
- Once you do the partition using your comb, make sure you get the way for the middle area of the head. It is time to start thinning the sections to half the inch as well.
- Once you reach out to the under layers and even the back area, it is time to apply the colour. Make sure you apply it at the quarter inch pieces only.
- Never be harsh with the placement. There are some natural looking highlights which may not be evenly spaced and can also be symmetrical well.
- While applying, you can hold the hair in straight way. Make sure you don’t apply too much pressure otherwise the colour will not reach underneath. As you pull the section of the hair, see to it that it is quite thick.
Post Highlight Instructions:
- Never Overdo It: The hair colour and bleach can be quite harsh on the hair. May be if your result is not something you expected, then you can always pause. But you are advised to wait for at least two weeks, to change other colour so that your hair will not face much trouble in future.
Also Read- 5 DIY Ideas For Hair Spa At Home
- Right Way Streak Is Important: You need to always part the hair in just the normal way as you do. You can clearly then differentiate the strands which are usually face framing. For this on the dry hair, you can paint the mixture on one-inch section at the front. During this, make sure the cream is not directly applied but few centimetres away from the scalp area.
Give your hair a better shampoo and good conditioner for making it smooth for a long time. You can also go for the heat protectant before you choose the styling looks. The reason why doing own highlights is advised is to make sure you don’t have to worry about the salon always.
Other than tips and tricks shared above, you may want to try out the video tutorials for better guidance. This will give you better confidence to do it in much professional way at first stanza itself.