Lemons are a rich source of citric acid. The citric acid contains a lot of benefits. Some of the common ones we know are keeping the gums healthy, dealing with hangovers and bleaching the skin. Lemon apart from all this offers many beauty hacks we are not aware of. Here are 10 beauty hacks that can be simply done at home using lemons.
- If you hate the dark patches on the elbow, then a simple way out is to rub lemon halves on that area for lighter skin.
- Apart from dealing with undesirable pigmentation, the lemon works great as an inexpensive skin toner. If you use it regularly, it is going to help you to lighten the skin spots. Just swab the juice on your face and leave on for 10 minutes daily after cleansing.
You May Also Like: Beauty Hacks For Autumn Ready Hair And Skin
- If you are struggling with unwanted acne, then a simple way out is to use a bit of fresh lemon juice and add a tsp of grounded cinnamon. Just apply it to the affected area for 15 minutes, though it will sting a bit but for a minute or two. Rinse your face with normal water.
- If you wish to get a sun-kissed look, then all you need to do is to mix lemon juice and water in 1:1 in a spray bottle and then spray on the hair. When you walk out in the sunshine you will get free highlights for some time.
You May Also Like: Beauty Hacks For The Caffeine Lovers: Coffee For Beauty
- Struggling with Dandruff, then a simple way out is to massage the lemon juice on the scalp and leave it for 10 minutes. Once done wash your hair with shampoo.
- Are your fingernails getting yellow? Then the yellowness happens majorly by wearing the nail polish all the time or even by using low-quality nail paint. The yellow nails can be treated by applying some lemon juice on to it and then rinsing away with lukewarm water.
You May Also Like: Smart Hacks For Looking Beautiful: How To Twist And Turn A Beautiful Sari?
- For dealing with stained teeth a simple homemade DIY is to mix tsp of baking soda and fresh lemon juice into a paste. Now, apply this mixture on the stained teeth for a minute and then rinse with normal water.
- Lemons have been blessed with antibacterial properties that help to deal with acne. All you need to do is squeeze some fresh lemon juice and add some water to it in a bowl. Apply it to the affected skin using a cotton ball before allowing it to dry naturally. Wash off by gently scrubbing. Especially for the Blackhead areas.
You May Also Like: Beauty Hacks From The Beauty Queen Priyanka Chopra
- Lemon takes care of removing excess oil from the T-Zone. All you need is to add a few drops on the T-Zone areas to minimize the shine.
- For skin tightening, the best way is making your own DIY homemade egg and lemon mask. When you make a lemon and egg mask you get tighter skin and a visible reduction in the pore size. All you need to do is add a few drops of lemon juice to an egg white and mix. Apply this mixture to the face leaving the eyes and the lips. Do not speak and lie down for 20 minutes. Rinse your face with cold water.
You May Also Like: 10 Life Changing Hacks Using The Old School Vaseline