I always get Goosebumps when I think about getting married because it ‘s really not easy to be a part of a family which you don’t know, and just after marriage all things get changed and you start living there.
There are various things going on in mind of a bride, like how my in laws behave with me, how I will manage to fulfil their expectations and when mother in law come in mind, the image of mother in law turned to monster in law, who keeps yelling and scolding about each and every thing.
So here I will give you some tips to how to make monster in law your best friend!
- Sharing Of Care- The main problem is after marriage mothers have to share that care they show for their son with daughter in law, so if you started taking care of him like a mother, obviously your mother in law will feel jealous of you somehow as love is being shared which was not shared before, so I advise you respect your mother in law feelings for his son and try to understand that things will change gradually, she will automatically handover his son to you.
- Blessing– Mothers-in-law can be a real source of support, try to understand your and your mother in law position in your husband life, never ever assume anything wrong about her, if her words or anything about her behaviour hurts you just clear it with her only, don’t start gossiping about it with your husband.
- Take Advice– ask or take advice from her on each and everything related to home, her son and anything, by asking out she will feel involved with you and this is the better way to be in communication with her and she will think that her opinions matter to you.
- Value Her- if she do something for you like clean the kitchen or made food for all or had done the other household chores the way she wanted to do not according to you, just appreciate her and say thanks much often as you can, these small gestures will add a smile on her face and she will feel so good, that you value her.
- Don’t Hesitate To Say Sorry- saying sorry doesn’t mean that you let yourself down , it simply mean that you don’t want your ego to come in between your relationship with her, say sorry about the things she think you have done wrong, and later explain your point of view to her, she will surely understand.
Treat your mother-in-law with respect and kindness. Get comfortable with compromising and being firm when necessary, live happily with your mother-in-law everafter!