From Tibet to the Himalayas, singing bowls has marked its presence everywhere. They are antique, unique and beautiful. Singing bowls or household brass bowls were common in Nepal and in adjoining countries like Tibet, Bhutan and northern India. There are records showing that brass bowls were considered as very important possessions and passed on to next generations as wedding gifts.
Tibetan singing bowls have been used for centuries for healing and meditation. The most important aspect of this singing bowl is its sound. The higher the quality of bowl, the higher and purer the resonance it produces. Let’s increase our knowledge about these bowls.
How To Use The Singing Bowl?
Keep your spine straight and sit in a meditative position. In the holding hand, fingertips should be placed below the bowl in a relaxed manner. The elbow of the holding hand should be placed a little away from the body so that there is enough space to breathe deeply. Use the full arm to press the mallet firmly on the outside edge of the bowl. Rotate it around the rim. Slow down and breathe. Place the mallet around the rim of the bowl very gently and struck it. If you want to practice meditation for a long times ask someone else to strike the bowl and you just focus on the sounds.
How To Choose Your Own Singing Bowl?
Go to a place where there are different varieties so you will have more options. Have a look at all the bowls; choose a bowl looking very attractive to your eyes. Never look for the design, color, and size of the bowl. What really matters is the sound produced from it. If you have struck the bowl and you are able to listen to only the singing bowl sound and you have forgotten all the other sounds of the world then that is the right one. If that is not the case then go for another bowl.
1. Healing Practices
2. Reduce stress and anxiety
3. Lower anger and blood pressure
4. Deep relaxation
5. Practice meditation
6. Powerful cure for challenging the Feng shui stars – Similar to the bells It clears all the
negative energy from the home
7. Can be used in an orchestra
8. For soothing upset children and babies
How To Clean The Meditation Bowl?
1. A dry soft cloth should be used to clean the bowl frequently as it clears all the dust deposited on it and avoid tarnish
2. For cleaning any harsh dirt dip the bowl in hot water along with detergent or vinegar and let it soak overnight. After that rinse it with clean water and wipe it off with a soft cloth.