Have been experiencing a frenzied life at work??? Want to spend some quality time with your partner to get over the stressors?? Then all you have to do is not do anything at all…!!! Whoa, you heard me right instead of going out for a night out to a restaurant or pub…. sit back, slip into your favorite PJ’s and turn your date at home into one to remember. Even if you are very socially active, a couple date at home will give you some alone time with the one you love.
Counselors recommend that you set aside a regular date night to reconnect and revive feelings of romance and love with your partner. A date night at home seems the ideal thing to do. The concept of the at-home date is simple: if you can’t go out on the town, get creative and adaptable and come up with a fun, one-on-one activity you can do with your significant other without having to leave the house.
And if you have opted for a date night at home then here are some couple date ideas to try at home:
- Movie night – Choose a favorite movie that both of you love, switch off the lights, fill in on the popcorn and finger foods and watch a movie together.
- Order takeout and have a candlelight dinner together-Nothing beats a cozy dinner with your loved one especially if the ambiance is light and twinkling.
- Karaoke night is a great option especially if you love music. Play your favorite music and sing your hearts out for some fun.
- Play board games- If you love board games then this one’s for you. Play a game of scrabble or anything else that you like. Enjoy each other’s company while playing board games.
- Dance the night away: It has all the intimacy of a club without the downside of slipping in spilled drinks. Rehash the days of the high school dance. Turn down the lights, turn up the music and be sure to dance two feet apart. Just kidding! Getting close is the point, and what better way to get close to your spouse than dancing in your own private gala?
- Take a bubble bath together- Bond and get close to one another with this idea. Get naughty.
- Strip Trivia: Make it a hot night with this sizzling bedroom game. Tease each other with one steamy question at a time to set one another on fire!
- Stay in bed- Forget your phone, work, kids and anything else. Just communicate with your partner and relax.
Couple date ideas at home don’t require a lot of time or money to execute, but they can make a big impact on rekindling feelings of romance and helping you re-connect with your significant other.