The final stretch of the wedding is here and your wedding is just 30 days away. During the final month before a wedding usually anxiety, excitement, stress and anticipation kick into high gear. To avoid overlooking important details or spending valuable time on unnecessary tasks, here is a compilation of a one-month wedding checklist for couples.
- Have a hair and makeup trial
- Make final wedding weekend outfit purchases for you.
- Purchase gifts for family, friends and other guests.
- Your wedding outfit may be missing a crucial element like a matching bindi, hair accessory, matching shoes, etc. Put your complete outfits together to make sure that everything is in place.
- Finalize wedding music for the ceremony and reception.
- Mail dinner invitations.
- If you don’t have a wedding planner, confirm timeline and service details with
wedding vendors. Create a D-day timeline.
- The honeymoon is the most exciting and anticipated event pos-wedding. Do not de-prioritize your honeymoon plans and simultaneously work on finalizing your bookings and packing.
- Pack and organize any wedding day décor, such as centerpieces, favors, signage, etc.
- Finalize menu and details for dinner.
- Assemble welcome bags for hotel rooms.
- Start writing thank you notes for wedding gifts you have already received.
- Pay the remaining vendor balances. If any balances are due on the wedding day, go ahead and have their checks written and organized to give them on the wedding day.
- The number of guests would have confirmed by this time. Update the guest list with the confirmed guests. This will make you better prepared to take care of their needs, manage logistics and make arrangements. .Contact any guests that have not sent in their RSVP.
- A bride deserves to enjoy her wedding functions. Have an A-team of friends and relatives in place and delegate tasks to them like making sure all the guests are taken care of, checking with the event coordinator, etc.
One Week out
- Give the final headcount to your caterer and confirm the menu.
- Pack for your wedding.
- Pick up your wedding and pre-wedding dress.
- Finalize the seating chart and send it to your caterer and/or reception venue.
- Distribute your wedding day timeline and day of wedding contact info to your vendors and bridal party. This way everyone will know what is happening when, and also who to contact if they need assistance on the wedding day.
- Assemble your wedding day emergency kit.
Two to Three Days out:
- Drop off décor items to your wedding venue.
- Drop off welcome bags to the hotel.
- Give final vendor payments and tips to your bridal party to distribute to vendors on the wedding day.
- Relax and enjoy.