Pregnancy is the most beautiful phase for a woman’s life. A lot of hormonal changes happen due to the increased level of estrogen. The changes in the body during pregnancy can affect hair growth. Estrogen levels in the body affect hair growth. Here are some things that you must know about hair care during pregnancy:
- Follow a healthy diet during pregnancy. Eat protein and iron-rich food to keep your hair looking good during. Enjoy a mixed diet with all the needed vitamins and minerals in the food. It is essential to include Vitamin B complex, biotin, Zinc, Iron, Vitamin C, and E.
- Consume a lot of water. This will keep your body hydrated and safe from infections.
- Avoid any kind of trauma to the hair. Such as blow drying, combing wet hair, coloring, keratin, etc.
- Never use bleaches and hair removal creams as they can get absorbed in your skin.
- If grooming becomes difficult for you to try to cut your hair short. Try a short chic crop haircut for a different look.
- Keep a track of the hair loss, if it too much gets it checked by the doctor. It can be possibly a sign of thyroid disorders or deficiencies in the body.
- Control your stress levels by meditating. This will also help to deal with hormone imbalances that lead to hair fall.
- Gently massage almond oil or castor oil into the scalp as it promotes hair growth.
- Add peppermint oil to your shampoo for a fresher smell, moisturize hair and adds luster.
- Add fish and flaxseed oils to the diet as they help to provide the needed fatty acids like omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 that promote healthy hair.
These are just some tips that you must follow for hair care during pregnancy. However, the hair loss during pregnancy will be ok once your hormone levels return to normal. Try not to stress too much about the temporary hair loss. However, keep yourself healthy to enjoy a healthy pregnancy.