Use the free time during COVID-19 lockdown and add new life to your old clothes. We are telling you this easy way from DIY makeover to natural colors to dyeing of clothes through this article. If there are items in the house, you can try these methods by reading them carefully and if not, then save these ideas in your memory for later.
1. Use fabric stickers to make a simple old T-shirt or shirt interesting. You can also try print. For example, apply floral print stickers on striped or checks. Just follow the instructions on the sticker packets and your trendy outfit will be ready in a blink of an eye.
With the help of hot-glue, sequen wires can also be affixed to the plane top and bottoms. With this you can write any design or any spelling of your choice.
2. If you are among those who like to do more challenging work, then design and cut the shape of the star and moon shape in the normal shape behind the T-shirt. Trace the outline before cutting, or make a freehand design with the help of a pencil. Now cut it with the help of sharp-edged scissors. Now straighten the T-shirt and tie the design well with the ribbon. You can make your work easier by using fabric tape.
3. You can easily change plain cotton tops or bottoms in print. With the help of fabric paint and pencil eraser, make a polka dot print by stamping the outfit. You can also use fruits and vegetables for stamping. Stamping with orange and apple slices and leave to dry for a few hours. You can make a star or floral print with the help of rose patterns and pieces of cut okra by mixing several celery stalks together.
4. You can make it look like new by adding natural color to the clothes with the Fed color. You can use one color or more in it. You can prepare natural color from fruit peels and milk – use pomegranate for skin and blue and other colors, reds, and pinks from berries and avocados. Use carrot and orange peel for orange, lemon peel, and turmeric for yellow, spinach and coriander for green, walnut for brown color and tea and coffee powder for black color.
To make all the colors, cut the fruits and vegetables well. Place the double amount of water in the saucepan. Use different saucepans for different colors. Place the saucepan on the medium flame and leave it to boil for an hour. Cool the prepared color before taking it out in a bowl, jar or bucket. Meanwhile, prepare your cloth for dyeing. On natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, and silk, you will see much better results. First, wash the cloth and apply it in a color stick. If you are going to use fruit color, then take half a cup of salt and eight cups of water and if you are going to use vegetable color, then take two cups of vinegar and eight cups of water and boil it for one hour after putting it in the cloth. Then drain the water.
Now it depends on you how you want to color your clothes. You can immerse them completely in colored water or you can do different designs with the help of it. After that place, the cloth in a microwavable plastic bag and seal it. Then heat the bag on high flame for two minutes and take it out of the bag and leave it to cool overnight. Wash and dry it in the morning with cold water. While washing, hand wash it with mild detergent.
5. Use boric acid to make white cloth snow-white. To remove stains and dirt from clothes, soak the cloth in four liters of water and 60 grams of boric powder. To clean the cloth thoroughly, use 10 liters of water and 20 grams of boric powder. Wash with cold water after two hours. To re-shine in fed clothing and to remove detergent build-up on regularly used clothes, add salt while washing clothes. You can also add vinegar