Just delivered a baby, the joy of holding the little one is amazing. However, with this joy, a number of changes go along in your body that makes us difficult to cope up with the change. Some changes happen with our hair as well. Just after delivering the baby, you will notice a lot of changes in the hair. Sometimes, you will see scabs of hair loss or shedding. The main reason for this is postpartum hair loss. So, Haircare after delivery is an essential thing for every new mom. In this article, we will be sharing tips for hair care after delivery, which will ensure you have gorgeous hair and reduce hair fall.
Treatments for hair care after delivery:
- Take some good prenatal vitamin supplements that can supply you with the needed number of vitamins that you need after delivering the baby.
- Consume at least 8 glasses of water to ensure are hydrated at all the times.
- Eat right. Make sure you include the needed fiber and vegetables in your diet. Just after delivery, you are suffering from anemia as you have many blood loss while delivering the baby. So, include more iron-rich foods in your meal.
- Consume dry fruits and flax seeds as they are a rich source of omega-3 and fats. They are great for improving hair strength.
- Gently comb your hair. Always use a wide comb to brush. This will reduce your hair to break from tangling.
- Use voluminous shampoo to wash your hair. Be gentle while washing your hair. And do it when necessary.
- Avoid any chemical and heat treatments at this time as your hair is brittle and can lead to irreversible damage. So, no blow dryers, keratin, smoothening, etc.
- Avoid tight ponytails as they make the hair stressed and cause breakage from the root.
- Try a hairstyle that suits the face and makes your hair look voluminous.
- Spare some time out for yourself as this will keep the stress levels low. Even high-stress levels cause hair breakage.
Home remedies for hair care after delivery:
- A simple DIY can be a pack of egg white and olive oil applied directly to the scalp.
- Apply yogurt to your hair and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Drink amla juice every morning empty stomach.
- Apply coconut milk on the scalp and massage. This also prevents hair loss.
These are just a few tips for hair care after delivery. These tips can be beneficial for reducing hair fall.