Speed and accuracy is the main motto in this digital era. We can achieve our major goals by using high-end technology. This technology is accessible within the palm of our hands. So why not use it to stay healthy and safe. Health can be maintained by accessing right nutrition and doing moderate exercise. Safety is ensured by following expert-guided protocols. Having said this, losing those extra pounds is an excellent intention that should be practiced under safe and sane conditions.
How much is too much???
According to health experts, losing 0.4 – 0.9 kg of weight per week is considered healthy and safe. If we try to lose weight more than this, then it comes with a baggage of side effects like lethargy, dizziness, chronic constipation, hormonal imbalance leading to drop in metabolism, loss of essential nutrients, and muscle mass, etc. So the key element to be considered while losing weight easy and fast is to understand our body’s metabolism. Based on this understanding we can alter our eating habits and exercise regimen accordingly to achieve weight loss in a healthy and safe manner.
With this background on the safety aspects of weight loss let’s look at some of the ways by which we can shed extra pounds without causing harm to our body.
Have you ever wondered why some people gorge on food but never gain weight while others struggle and starve themselves to maintain it? Well, this is because of body metabolism.It is a series of chemical changes happening in our body by which energy created or broken-down is utilized for maintaining the life processes. Simply put, it is the rate at which calories are burned for performing various functions. It is due to genetics and lifestyle.
- Genetics– Genes determine the rate at which calories are burned. Some people have certain genetic components that enhance their metabolic rate while it is slow for others. Understand your genetic makeup.
- Lifestyle– Active lifestyle as in the case of athletes enhances the body metabolism while a sedentary/ inactive lifestyle which is the case for many of us lowers the basal metabolic rate leading to chronic obesity. Sitting for long hours makes the body rigid and is one of the leading causes of chronic obesity
Hence understanding the metabolic aspects of the body on an individual basis goes a long way in realizing the goal. Health experts can help us in this regard.
Exercise burns the excess calories stored in the fat reserves of the body. These piled up fat reserves are extremely dangerous for the body leading to many diseases and disorders. Therefore do workouts to burn up the fat reserves. For quick weight loss, there is various options in terms of workouts. They are:
- HIIT– High-intensity interval workouts involve initial warm-up followed by a high-intensity activity for short periods followed by a period of active rest and cool down. But one should be healthy enough for vigorous activity. Researchers have studied high-intensity workouts of different lengths and the most popular one is- 2 min hard work out, then 3 mins of active rest (light exercise) continued for 5 cycles. Based on the type of work out one can reduce weight and attain lean muscle mass in an average of 8 weeks. People with heart problems should take expert advice before venturing this type of work out.
- Yoga- Yoga indirectly reduces weight by calming the mind and flexing the body to get rid of toxins and excess mass. Yoga along with workouts helps in reducing weight faster. Surya namaskar is an excellent way to set the body in motion.
- Move your body– Forget vehicles burn those extra calories by going for a walk or jog. You can take dance classes, aerobics. Just enjoy life. Try to do mundane household activities like brooming, washing, cleaning etc. Be active, be productive.
Check what you eat
- BLD-Just eats healthy meals. Have a nutritious breakfast with whole cereals, legumes, and fresh fruits. For lunch have an optimal quantity of rice or roti or lean meat according to your preference. Incorporate fresh green leafy organic vegetables and stay hydrated. Dinner should be light. Going to sleep on an empty stomach reduces tummy burden. In short, a hearty meal should be an amalgamation of good protein, moderate carbs, a fat, essential minerals, and vitamins.
- Health drinks- Drinking lemon juice with honey in an empty stomach has shown to reduce belly fat as per various research studies. Drinking green tea after heavy meals helps in faster digestion. According to studies coffee has shown to reduce hunger pangs. But all these drinks should be incorporated in a moderate manner. Drinking cumin or carom water improves the digestion rate thereby boosting weight loss. Apple cider vinegar drinks also boost digestive fire by increasing fat metabolism. Indian spices are richly loaded with antioxidants boosting immunity and good metabolism. Make use of them.
- Cut down these– Avoid refined oils, refined sugars, artificial aerated soft drinks, junk foods, pesticide loaded food. Prepare fresh food, Consuming stale food reduces the digestive fire in the long term. Eat lots of salads.
- Fasting– Fasting once a while is good to recuperate the system. Intermittent fasting also checks the unwanted accumulation of toxins in our body. It is an easy and fast way to shed the extra calories.
Be motivated and consistent
Motivation is the most important factor to achieve the goal of losing extra pounds. This strong emotion helps in driving the parameters of planning and execution successfully. Again strong commitment and consistency are the main elements to unlock obesity. You have to stay motivated by keeping track of your weight loss program and maintain a journal for the same. Once you are habituated to live a healthy lifestyle there is no question of attracting the extra pounds.
In short the motto for weight loss quick and easy is –
“Be stress free, eat healthy and move your body.”