After marriage, there are many magical moments for you and your partner. Those magical moments could be something small done by your partner or something huge. While these moments bring joy and happiness into your life there is one very special moment that is above all the other magical moments. That moment is when you get to know you are “going to be a MOM”. When you break this news to your partner undoubtedly you both come much closer than ever before and your lives change at the 360degree angle. Well, being pregnant is an amazing thing but it makes you gain a lot of weight so don’t panic!!!
Gaining weight during pregnancy is normal and it is required for your baby. It is not necessary that each woman would gain the same amount of weight as anyone else known to her did. The gain in weight depends on a lot of reasons.
- Firstly, it depends upon the weight you had before getting pregnant. If you had normal weight you would gain some amount of weight. If you were underweight then you are supposed to gain a little more and if you were overweight then a little less. It all depends upon how much weighed before.
- Secondly, a rapid increase could be because you may be carrying twins. In this case, it is very obvious because you would be carrying not one but two lives.
- The third reason is Morning sickness. YES! morning sickness could cause either weight gain or weight loss. Many times women eat a lot in order to avoid morning sickness.
- Fourth, Growing body. While these nine months your body goes under a lot of changes. The most prominent change is your body growing week by week. Placenta keeps growing which provide nourishment to the baby. Then, the amniotic fluid which cushions around the baby also grows.
- And lastly it the wombs muscle layer also grows because it is carrying the baby!
Folks, being pregnant is a roller coaster ride because while you are feeling happy about giving birth to a new life and enjoying all the pampering by the family members, you also deal with the consequences such a morning sickness and weight gains. I would suggest that leave your weight for a few months because post delivery your body will come back to its original shape and weight instead try enjoying pregnant-hood.
Article By: Arpita