“Beta tum shaadi kb kr rahi ho” If you have crossed your tender age of 25 then firstly congratulations and secondly be ready to hear this question. In extreme cases, you can be while you are still learning to walk! Yes, I have another issue with society and that is marriage. I mean I don’t hate weddings I just hate why people at wedding won’t focus on the bride and groom but will focus on your future wedding some distant relative will definitely say “beta agla number tumhara” as if we are desperately waiting for this and we don’t have another goal in life. Beta Tum Shaadi Kab Kar Rahi Ho is a very famous slang.
I actually did a bit of calling and talking on this topic and I could get some amazing reasons that why society is obsessed with marriages and trust me these reasons will make you say what the f***!
Disclaimer: Due to censorship reasons we have to maintain our virtual tamezz
1. They think girls don’t have any other goal in life and they are born to make rotis… I think they are still unaware of Kalpana Chawla, Pratibha Patil, and other women leader!
2. Sab mar jaayenge tb kya kro gye akele reh jaao gye, apne bachee honge family hogi toh akele nhi hoge, okay to some extent its valid but why do we need marriage for that?
3. Society loves tag as much as Joey loves hugsy ( if you don’t get the reference please watch friends one with hugsy!)
4. Umaar ho rahi hai, is it a govt. the job that we can’t apply for after a certain age?
5.”There should be someone to relieve stress for you na, a companion must be there” okay but what if that companion is the reason of our stress then should we look or another one?
6. “Person gets settled”, okay even if you own a big dream villa, a Mercedes, private beach and you are successful in your career, that doesn’t count. You will only be settled if you are married.
Society is made by us so please people stop being obsessed with weddings and marriages. We all have goals please let us accomplish that and respect someone who doesn’t want to get married.