Every child has an angry issue with them. No matter some are short-tempered, some get angry not so easily but angry is an emotion you can do nothing about it. Teach your children to have control over their emotions. It is not always required to throw things, scold anybody, and use abusive language while you are angry. Here are things you should know when and what to say to an angry child.
- If your child is angry and throwing their toys and other stuff here and there stop them right there. Stop them and ask them, they are doing it purposely because they don’t like them anymore or something like that. This will stop them from doing this and, then the other minute starts to think about it and gets calm automatically.
- If your kids are bigger in age and are having these emotional times, calm them and be with them. Ask them to get fine as soon as they can because it is okay to be angry but, this is not said that you have to be angry for a very long time. This time will also get by.
- There is nothing wrong with getting angry but, there should be some limits which you don’t cross while in anger. You should be in your senses, don’t harm anybody, don’t break stuff. This is not the way to calm your anger and get back to normal emotion.
- If your child is not listening to anything when they are angry. Show them love and tell them that you are about to sit here until they get calm. This idea puts the adverse effect on them and helps both of you to calm your child and make them happy.
- Some kids not only get angry but also hurt themselves; they think, hurting others is not the way to control their anger. So they hurt themselves. But you should tell your child that they should have their control over their actions, not on their feelings. Controlling anger and setting limits is the right thing rather than controlling your emotions. This is what to say to an angry child.