These education programs are designed for helping youngsters to obtain information, motivation, and skills for making their own decisions about sexuality and sex in their life.
Effectiveness of sex education for youth
By some surveys on sex education, it has aimed at the programs for helping the youth to change their attitude towards sex and prevent pregnancy and transmission of diseases like
- Delay in sex unless they get adult
- Decreasing the sex frequency
- When they do sex by using condoms or prevention of pregnancy
Research and studies clearly state that sex education for youth can have the positive impact on such behaviors especially when these programs include all the characteristics planned and deployed by National campaign for preventing the teenagers and unplanned pregnancy.
Procedures for developing the curriculum
- Engaging many people of different backgrounds in research, studies, HIV, theory and sex education for developing the curriculum
- Relevant assessment and assets of the group targeted according to the needs.
- Using the logical approach of models for creating the curriculum which specifies some goals of health, behaviors affecting those goals of health and the risk factors.
- Introducing activities with values of community and available resources such as time of staff, space, and supplies of facilities
- Testing and verifying the program.
The main aim of curriculum in sex education for youth
- It is simply targeted on the health for preventing the disease such as STD, HIV or pregnancy.
- It is focused on some specific behaviors which lead to the health factors like doing sex session using condoms or contraceptives which states clearly about such reactions and cases which can cause and affect them and how to prevent it.
- Showing them the risk of sexuality psychosocially and factors which give impact on the protective factors.
Methods of teaching and related activities
- Developed a secure and safe environment and provide programs on sex education for youth and involve them for participation.
- Involve many activities for changing the risks and protective factors.
- Provide instructions properly and teach them which engage many participants for helping them to personalize their data which were designed for changing the factors and risks.
Thus, sex education for youth in their school life or college life is very essential. As this is the age where they need to get aware of such aspects of life.