You must surely be following a good skin care routine that makes you look like a million bucks!! If yes then cheers to you … but if not then now is the time to get started. These skincare essential give you a hydrated glowing skin. Regardless of your skin type, these skincare essentials should be a part of your beauty regimen.
Essentials for skincare must contain the following:
- Cleanser – At night a cleanser removes makeup and grime from the day, and in the morning it will remove any residual night cream and clean out impurities. You can choose from a foaming, micellar, milky or oil cleanser. The idea is to ensure a thorough clean.
- Exfoliant – It is important to slough off any dead skin cells. An exfoliant works deeper than a cleanser to shed the older cells. As we age, the natural cell renewal process slows down which can cause the skin to look dull and dry. You can opt for a mechanical exfoliator like a scrub or a chemical exfoliator like lactic acid, glycolic acid etc.
- Moisturizer – A moisturizer hydrates your skin keeping it soft and supple. It acts as a barrier against external irritants. Opt for a light formula for the day that also has sunscreen. For the night opt for a richer formula to refresh your skin while you sleep.
- Serum – Serums contain active ingredients than the moisturizer that help to tackle issues like pigmentation, enlarged pores, and fine lines. Apply the serum before moisturizer for best results.
- Eye cream – The skin around the eyes is more prone to wrinkles as it is much finer when compared with the rest of your face. An eye cream keeps the area moist. These eye creams are formulated to address specific problems like wrinkles, fine lines, puffy eyes, etc. Gently pat your cream, day and night, along the ocular bone—around the outer edge of your eye—before applying your moisturizer.
- Sunscreen – The sunscreen is the most important to keep pigmentation and wrinkles at bay. It protects you from harmful UVA/B. choose one that suits your skin the best. A heavy SPF if you stay outdoors and a lower SPF if you stay indoors.
These skincare essentials work like magic for your skin making you look your best any time of day or night.