Packing for a vacation, business trip, or family visit can seem like solving a jigsaw puzzle. How to carry everything you need and still abide by the limited luggage? People lose things, luggage can get stolen and airport purchases are expensive. When we have a busy day of touring and exploring, we want to have everything that we could need without overpacking our bag. It’s helpful to have some packing hacks to make it easier. Do plan ahead by strategically packing these items in your bag while traveling.
1. A refillable water bottle is helpful for a couple of reasons. You can keep refilling it throughout the day and you can reduce plastic waste.
2. In addition to your prescription medicines, pack any over-the-counter medications you might want during your journey in your bag. If you need to take any medicines throughout the day, don’t forget them! It’s also a good idea to bring over the counter pain relievers and anti-nausea meds.
3. No matter how great your phone’s battery life is, carry your charger in case your phone needs a quick boost. If all the information you need to get from is saved in your email inbox, a diminishing phone battery is always a sad sight. It’s a good idea to have either a phone charger or a portable charger.
4. Carry important documents such as passport, tickets or any other papers with no digital counterpart, pack those in your carry-on. And it’s a good idea to print out tickets, directions, and itineraries that you’ve stored on your phone.
5. Don’t forget to pack your lunch or snack. Plus, it’s certainly a cheaper alternative to buying a pre-made sandwich during the journey. We like to have snacks with us because during our travels sometimes we want to eat but not go out for a whole meal.
6. Don’t forget to carry Chapstick, sunscreen, Spray/Deodorant and hand sanitizer. There’s nothing worse than chapped or dry lips. During a day full of traveling and being outside, you’ll want things to freshen up. Hence pack spray and deodorants. When you’re outside all day, you pick up a lot of germs and you never want to get sick while you travel. So keep hand sanitizer handy.
7. Keep a small selection of toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, and facial wipes in your carry-on to prevent you from having to rummage through your suitcase in public.
8.Torches will be useful if you are planning to roam around in the beach, jungle or anywhere at night. The compass will provide you information about the directions.