The process of breast sagging is absolutely natural. Unfortunately, this is an inevitable phenomenon. With age, a woman’s skin loses its elasticity. Having a baby, breastfeeding, and racking up more birthdays all contribute to a loss of elasticity of collagen, the connective tissue under the skin leaving your set more deflated than firm. So, this leads to sagging of the mammary glands. Furthermore, considering that breast tissue ages a few years quicker than whatever is left of your body, you to add some exercises or have to do some improvement in order to avoid breast sagging. Here are some:
- Sleeping on your stomach: It might be comfy, but it’s the worst position for your boobs because they’re pushed down and side sleeping isn’t great either because it causes breast ligaments to stretch unless you put a pillow under them for support. So your best bet is sleeping on your back.
- Wearing an unsupportive bra: Whether it’s the boulder holder you wear during the day or the sports bra you change into at the gym, not sporting proper support is a big reason for droop. “The more your boobs bounce around, the more stressed breast skin and collagen become“. Stop in a lingerie shop and ask for a fitting just to make sure you’re wearing the right bra for your shape.
- Smoking: Smoking reduces the amount of collagen in the body, which in turn hampers the blood circulation. Because of this, the skin starts losing its elasticity. This makes your breasts droop.
- You don’t drink enough water: Water does a lot of wonders in our body. When it is taken in very little amounts, it can cause the skin to shrink and appear dry and rough. This also applies to your breasts.
- Weight fluctuations: Fluctuations in your weight can cause your skin to lose elasticity. Therefore, leading to drooping boobs over time.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption can cause a lot of damage to your health and skin as well. The elasticity of the skin is lost, and soon, the breasts start sagging, and the skin becomes loose, causing wrinkles. By avoiding the above practices, you can help keep your breasts firm and young-looking for a long time.
Read more: Itchy Breast??? Know the reason behind!
Reported by Dr. Himani