The secret to weight loss is that if you reduce the levels of your fat-storing hormone, insulin, you’ll have a way easier time losing excess weight. That should be an underlying principle for any weight loss diet plan. Many of us have been struggling with obesity, unwanted weight gain, and related ailments.
If you follow the subsequent tips you will be able to include these in your weight loss diet plan:
- A low carb diet, which causes you to want to eat less. Even without counting calories, most overweight people eat far fewer calories on low carb. Sugar and starch may increase your hunger, while avoiding them may decrease your appetite to an adequate level.
- Eat only when you are hungry – Carbs and fat are the body’s two main energy sources, and it needs at least one of them. Avoiding both results in hunger, cravings and fatigue. Eat natural sources of fat like butter, Full-fat cream, Olive oil, Meat, Fatty fish, Eggs, Coconut oil, etc. Eat enough so you feel satiated. Avoid unnecessary snacking.
- Eat proper food – Vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, butter, oil nuts, fruits etc should be eaten while trying to lose weight. Focus on eating good quality, minimally processed real food. Eat as much healthy food as you can, whenever you are hungry.
- Measure your progress – A measuring tape is your best friend. Focus on inch loss rather than just the weighing scale. Your weight can fluctuate up and down several pounds from day to day, depending on fluid balance and stomach contents. Don’t worry about short-term changes, follow the long-term goal instead.
- Patience and persistence – Set small goals and aim for long term weight loss changes. Be persistent and patient. Change your habits including health and food. Maintaining weight loss requires long-term change and patience.
Weight loss diet plan example
Early Morning (6:30 – 8:00 am):
- Start your day with exercises. It will help you burn calories and you will be able to stay active throughout the day. After your workout, add a cup of tea or coffee made from low fat skimmed milk. You can have a couple of fiber-rich biscuits with it. Preferably, start your day with a small bowl of cereals.
Brunch (10:30 – 11:30 am):
- Treat yourself to fresh fruit such as an apple or orange. Keep shuffling your fruit during the week so that you get all the minerals and vitamins during the week.
Lunch (1:00 – 2:00 p.m.):
- Eat a healthy and light lunch that is low in fat and calories. Drink a glass of water around 20 minutes before your lunch, it will reduce your hunger and keep you from overeating.
Evening (4:00 – 6:00 p.m.):
- Have a cup of tea or coffee along with healthy snacks. Avoid sodas and sugary beverages that may appear tempting.
Dinner (7:00 – 8:00 p.m.):
- Drink a glass of water around 15 minutes before dinner. You can have different low-calorie dishes for dinner on different days of the week.
Post Dinner (10:00 – 10:30 p.m.):
- A couple of slices of a fresh fruit like apple or papaya. You can switch your fruits daily.
Tis weight loss diet plan will help shedding the extra pounds easier. You just have to be persistent and not give up.