According to experts, Vitamin C is the most effective and safest nutrient. It helps in protecting against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling. It is also called the ascorbic acid and is necessary for the growth, development, and repair of all body tissues. It also protects us against the free radicals. The benefits of Vitamin C are many and one that has caught the attention of the world is its weight loss properties.
According to research, vitamin C helps the body to lose weight and aids in the proper functioning of the body. Getting sufficient amounts of vitamin C increases body fat oxidation during moderate-intensity exercise. Eating vitamin C-rich, high-fiber fresh fruits and vegetables help fill you up without the extra calories. To effectively shed about a kilo per week — the maximum recommended amount for long-term weight-loss success — eat 1,000 fewer calories than you burn off daily. The recommended dietary allowance for vitamin C is 90 milligrams daily for men and 75 milligrams per day for women.
Here are some benefits of vitamin C:
- Vitamin C is known to boost immunity.
- It regulates blood sugar levels and keeps you feeling full and hearty.
- It assists weight loss as it helps to metabolize fat easily.
- It energizes you leaving you fresh and fit for a workout or any chores during the day.
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient and any excess is flushed out of the bowels.
- It improves your stamina at the gym. According to research 500 mg of vitamin C can offset workout fatigue. It also lowers post-workout cortisol levels and also improves recovery overall.
- Vitamin C helps reduce levels of stress hormones in the blood and also reduces other typical indicators of physical and emotional stress.
Vitamin C is an easy and inexpensive way to lose weight and belly fat. It plays a therapeutic role against excess weight.
Read more: Diet Chart for Diabetic Patients