Packing suitcase for a wedding is a tedious job. You need extra shoes, a dress, and all the accouterments that go along with dressing up. This usually means a lot of space taken up in your suitcase by stuff. Also, knowing that regardless of how much you pack, you will inevitably forget something important that you’d rarely otherwise need.
As of late, though, things have gotten easier on the packing-for-wedding. Here is a list of rules and they’ve proved so useful.
1.Create a checklist.To ensure you don’t forget any important items, you should make a list of everything you plan to carry for your wedding. The list will help you organize your belongings and you can check things off as you pack them
2. You should look nice for the wedding. But that doesn’t mean you have to wear six-inch stilettoes in which you can barely walk. You deserve well-rested, blister-free feet before and after the wedding. Pack something you can safely dance and move in, and you’ll be much, much happier.
3. It’s a good idea to bring a spare dress, in case something happens to the one you planned on wearing. A spare doesn’t take up that much room, and if you suddenly have a change-of-heart at the last minute, you’ll have options.
4. Using a bit of each packing technique is the most efficient way to get things into your suitcase. Roll softer garments and fold stiffer ones.
5.Arrange clothes thoughtfully. Place your softer, rolled items at the bottom of your suitcase first followed by your folded garments: For your middle layer, start with the longest items, like skirts, lehenga, pants. Stack the garments on top of each other. Lay them the length of your suitcase, draping leftover fabric over the opposite end. Place Clothes You’ll Need First at the Top.
6. Make sure you’ve considered all the accessories you’ll need for your wedding and other events. Not just jewelry, but a wrap, a clutch purse, hair barrettes, stockings, etc.
7. Pack toiletries and beauty products. Choose a tinted moisturizer, a soap, and shampoo in one, and wipes that clean hands and face. Designate one bag for cosmetics, one for hair products, and one for skin-related items. Tuck the bags in the side corners of your suitcase or a zippered outside pocket.
8. Pack well in advance for your wedding.Give yourself plenty of time to pack and don’t try to do it all at the last minute. If you left everything to the last minute, you are more likely to forget something. It is a good idea to start planning and packing around a week in advance. This will allow you to have all of the clothes you want to pack. This will also give you time to purchase any items you may need before the wedding day..