When you are just lazing the day out on the couch watching TV or just reading a book…. Your friend is a glass of pop and some delicious snacks!! But beware… unwarranted snacking can lead to weight gain. That is exactly what we don’t want. We like healthy snacking that will not give us the extra pounds. For times like these, which abound, we need some lip smacking healthy recipes for snacks.
Listed below are some healthy recipes for snacks:
- 12 large raspberries or small strawberries
- 12 clementine orange segments
- 12 chunks of pineapple
- 12 pieces of kiwi cut into shapes if desired
- 12 large purple grapes
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Thread a raspberry, orange, pineapple, kiwi and grape onto each of 12 small skewers.
- Place the vanilla yogurt in a bowl and top with sprinkles. Serve alongside the skewers for dipping.
Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2/3 c. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place two wire racks in two large rimmed baking sheets.
- Toss sweet potatoes in oil until evenly coated.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together spices and cornstarch. Add sweet potatoes and toss until evenly coated in spice mixture.
- Place sweet potatoes on wire racks in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the sweet potatoes look crispy and dry to touch. (They’ll continue to crisp as they cool.)
- While the sweet potatoes cool, make dip. Fold green onions into sour cream. Serve with cooled sweet potato chips.
Broccoli Cheesy Bread
- 3 c. riced broccoli
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Warmed marinara, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Microwave riced broccoli for 1 minute to steam. Carefully ring out extra moisture from the broccoli using a paper towel or cheesecloth.
- Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, and garlic. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Transfer dough to baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust.
- Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with parsley and pepper flakes if using. Serve warm with marinara.
Healthy recipes for snacks are fresh, colorful and laden with veggies, fruits, nuts, and grains. They provide you with energy during the day and keep you from overeating at meals too.
Read more: DIET PLAN FOR GOUT