Making love is a special thing and having love bites after the act makes it even more special. These are the marks that can remind you of the special time you had with your partner. If you can spot a love bite on someone’s shoulder, neck, hand, or anywhere, that means that that person spent a really good night. Some people try to hide them while on the other hand; some flaunt it like an achievement.
Therefore, you might be known about some hickey facts that may come as a surprise to you:
- The origin of a hickey or love bite happened in the animal kingdom. Male animals have often been seen biting the neck area of the female animals with their front teeth when they spend quality time together.
- There’s no instant cure for a love bite. You’ll have to wait patiently for the bruise to heal on its own. You can’t really make it go instantly and patience is the only ‘cure’ for hickeys.
- If your skin turns black and blue immediately after some action, chances are you are low on iron. Including leafy veggies and fish in your diet will help to tackle this problem.
- One can contact oral herpes if the person already has herpes and bites the uninfected person. The chance of contracting oral herpes through love bites is actually quite high.
- A normal love bite stays up to ten to twelve days.
- In Kama-sutra, hickeys have been termed as coral and the jewel. Coral means the lips and jewel mean teeth.
- Hickey could be contusions. By rupturing your skin the injured tissue or skin’s blood capillaries could be damaged. Remember sometimes when we hit a door or a table hard our skin area gets blue or reddish in the shade, this is similar to hickeys.
- Hickeys can stay for weeks or even become permanent in nature. This depends on factors like the depth of the bruise and the complexion of your skin because lighter skin toned people will suffer harder. Therefore, it’s sensible to tell your partner to go easy so as to avoid any permanent damage.
Read more: Now, know what man wants from you?
Reported by Dr. Himani