Sounds harsh. But, it is true, we all make mistakes. And, the most common among these is cleaning the house. Here are some common mistakes that we all make. Phew!! We are listing down the most stupid ones we make often.
● Toilet cleaning is ritual every holiday for most of us. As soon as we clean the toilet, we store in back in the toilet holder, which isn’t the best way. Because a wet brush means a breeding ground for bacteria. So, make sure you do not drop the brush in the holder as soon as you clean it.
● Cleaning your tiles in a haste is one more mistake that we all do. All we do is pour our favorite cleaner on the tiles and start scrubbing. Although, this isn’t the best way out. Spare some time to clean the tiles. The best practice is to drop the cleaner on the scrub pad and then on the tiles. Let it rest for a few minutes. Then start cleaning. This will help the cleaner to sit down and dissolve the soap scum and stains.
● Love to use your dish soap for everything. So, you have to stop. Dish soap has grease-fighting properties that aren’t great for cleaning windows and mirrors. It leaves traces behind, which makes the items even more difficult to clean the next time.
● How often do you change your cleaning sponge? Did you even know the recommended time to replace a cleaning sponge is one month? If you use it pretty regularly the best way is to sanitize them every now and then by soaking the sponge in a microwavable dish and then heat it on high for a minute.
● Have you ever poured some extra detergent to make sure that your clothes look cleaner? Then, you have seriously made things worse for yourself. Using too much of cleaner make the stain get even more rigid and stuck to the cloth. So, you have wasted your entire wash cycle without being successful. And, adding too much of cleaner can even cause allergies.
● Keeping the toothbrushes in dark can be a breeding ground for bacteria. Make sure you store them in light with a lid on once they dry.
● What is the thing you touch the most in the house the entire day? For me, my remote and TV remote. These two gadgets are the germiest. Make sure you disinfect these every week.
● Grocery Bags are one item that is reused multiple times. Although, we don’t pay much heed to keep them clean. They have lingering food bacteria on them. Make sure that you clean them like any other fabrics in the house. And, toss them in the machine.