- What is Red Light Therapy?
- Does Red Light Therapy Work?
- How Does Red Light Therapy work?
- How Much This Therapy Cost?
- Red Light Therapy Pros and Cons
We want to look beautiful in every possible way, whether it is a face pack, a cream, or a medicated treatment. Some methods work mildly, while a few techniques provide heavy effects. Red light therapy is something that benefits our skin in a commendable manner. Here, we come up with all the related info you want to know about this significant laser therapy before applying it to your skin. Let’s learn them attentively to combat all those unwanted skin impurities that were holding you to achieve a flawless look you always crave for-
What is Red Light Therapy?
Red Light Therapy or RLT is a therapeutic treatment technique of skin that helps to cure skin impurities through a leisure light treatment. This is one type of low-level wavelengths of luminosity. Additionally, it helps to handle chronic skin issues like wrinkles, acne, fine lines, scars, and even persistent wounds permanently.
Initially, RLT was invented to provide additional growth to the plant cells. After witnessing its amazing potentiality, it was tested whether it can work on human cells or not. It’s scientifically proven then that red light therapy works efficiently to treat muscle atrophy. This light therapy is known differently in different types of fields. Some common names of RLT are-
- Low-Level Light Therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Photonic Stimulation
- Low-Power Laser Therapy
- Soft Laser Therapy
- Photobiomodulation, etc.
Does Red Light Therapy Work?
It is clinically proven that red light therapy work on human skin cells effectively. This therapy is expert in tissue repair and healing cell process. Additionally, it also provides favourable effects on severe scar-like heavy wounds, burns scars, deep acne scars, etc.
You can find diversity in the intensity of red light therapy used in a different field. The force of this mild laser treatment depends on the issue you are handling with this technique
- Red light therapy uses to treat cosmetic issues like wrinkles, acne, fine line, etc. that are used in salon-like places in red light beds are low in intensity
- On the other hand, RLT used to treat severe conditions like wounds, chemotherapy effects, deep scars, burn marks, etc. is high in intensity
How Does it Work?
The mitochondria are called the powerhouse of our cells. This area creates energy-carrying molecules and helps in strengthening tissues inside our skin surface. Red light therapy caters to a biochemical effect on the mitochondria and boosts them to work more powerfully.
By the increased functioning of mitochondria, our cells make more ATP which benefits our sin type immensely. A better ATP of cells means skin will be able to repair their damage self-sufficiently, cells will function more expertly, can rejuvenate the old cells all along.
This way, an applied red light therapy goes through severely 5 millimeters below your skin surface and forces it to fight all skin-related issues expertly. Let’s check the direct effect of red light therapy more apparently-
- Firstly, it encourages wound curing
- Secondly, it repairs tissues & Strengthens cells
- Thirdly, it treats carpal tunnel syndrome
- Fourthly, it builds collagen and reduces wrinkles
- Additionally, it stimulates healing process.
- Moreover, it even lessens the side effects of cancer treatment
- Diminishes psoriasis lesions
- Increases circulation between tissue cells and blood vassals
- Lightens scars and burn marks
- Furthermore, it relieves inflammation.
- Moreover, it gives relief from the severe pain of rheumatoid arthritis
- Averts recurring cold sores
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- And improves skin complexions
How Much This Therapy Cost?
The actual expenditure of red light therapy depends on several things, like-
- On the intensity of this laser therapy
- The area of your body, you choose to apply this technique
- The country you live
- Whether you are merging this method with other techniques
- You are taking this treatment at home with expensive it or at a professional center, etc.
However, a single session of red light therapy costs around $25 to $85 in most cases. To buy a home kit, you must spend a bit more money as a reliable Red light therapy kit costs almost $200 to $250.
Red Light Therapy Pros and Cons
Pros of this red light therapy are-
- Firstly, it rejuvenates your skin cells
- Secondly, it improves the complexion noticeably and promotes the overall health of skin naturally
- Thirdly, it fights ample of skin problems
- Additionally it enhances your overall look
- This process is safe and painless
- Exposes the skin to the safe laser light
- Red light therapy provides no harmful ray to our sensitive cells
- And this process is absolutely natural
Cons or bad side effects of this therapy are-
- Firstly, it can cause tissue damage if you try it often
- Furthermore, red light therapy also causes frequent unwanted cell damages
- Sometimes this technique causes blistering and burning effects
- Additionally, there’s a potential risk of eye damages in a small moment of carelessness
- Moreover, it’s only capable of treating mild skin issues but can’t work for several wounds or skin problems
Thus, one must consider all the pros and cons attentively of this treatment before trying out to get an envious skin type with a flawless look easily through this magical method.