Indian cuisine consists of a variety of spices, rich flavors, fruits, vegetables, and fresh herbs. In India, most of the people follow an essentially plant-based diet. People practice Hinduism religion, which promotes a vegetarian diet. People of India prefer weight loss diet plan that is high in plant foods like lentils, fruits, and vegetables. They consume intake low consumption of meat.
People who follow the Lacto-vegetarian diet eat dairy products but they don’t eat fish or meat. The weight loss diet plan for Lacto-vegetarian:
- Vegetables- tomatoes, spinach, onions, cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, and more.
- Fruits- mango, papaya, pomegranate, oranges, lychee, plums, pears, guava, banana, and apples.
- Legumes- kidney beans, yams, and turnips.
- Dairy- milk, ghee, yogurt, and cheese.
- Protein sources- nuts, seeds, legumes, dairy, and tofu.
Add a non-starchy vegetable to your meal like greens, tomatoes or eggplants. It will give satisfaction to you after meal ad it provides a boost of fibers. Your meal and snacks should be fresh and flavored with herbs and spices.
Weight Loss Diet Plan:
- Breakfast- Chana dal pancakes with mixed vegetables, sambar with brown rice idli, yogurt with sliced fruits, vegetable Dalia, multigrain parathas with avocado, and a glass of milk.
- Lunch- whole-grain roti, chickpea curry with brown rice, mixed vegetable curry, vegetable sabji, vegetable sambar, rajma curry, vegetable soup, and salad.
- Dinner- lentil pancakes, tofu tikka masala, Chana masala with basmati rice, palak paneer, brown rice, khichdi, sprout salad, green salad, and fresh spinach salad.
This are healthy foods that you must eat according to time daily. Follow this weight loss diet plan for one week, you will feel healthy. You can take this diet plan according to your food preference. You can have your cheat day once in a month, treating yourself once in a month or occasionally is always fine. Remember, a healthy diet is always rich in vegetables, fruits, protein sources, and healthy fats.
Make sure to drink water, as it keeps you hydrated without adding any extra calories. Try to consume sources of healthy fat, plenty of non-starchy vegetables, and proteins at your every meal as it will keep you full throughout the day. It will also reduce overeating.