Parenting is an on-going process that teaches you a skill or two every day. It can be a daunting task when confronted with difficulties. But your skills as a parent help to overcome such hardships and tackle the situation with tact and poise. However, at times your patience just might give in to the pressures. It is for times like these that many parenting courses have been formulated. These courses can be pursued online thereby giving you time to hone up your skills as a parent and also give you a deeper look into what makes the children’s mind tick the way they do!!
There are numerous parenting courses online, listed below are the courses available:
- Neuroscience for parents: How to raise amazing kids – Parenting to help your children develop healthy self-esteem and trust, nurture their talents and bond with them.
- Parents Together Online – The course has the following modules
- Promoting wellbeing
- The power of communicating and being positive
- Understanding behavior
- Managing and promoting positive behavior in the family
- Play and what do children need
- Setting limits, boundaries and promoting co-operation.
- Parenting Skills to Raise Responsible, Mature Children – Learn parenting skills and strategies to create a loving and nurturing home.
- How to get your kids to cooperate-even if they don’t want to – Avoid the shouting, threats, and bribes with these Emotionally Intelligent skills and boundaries applicable from toddlers to teens.
- Positive Parenting – Dealing with Power Struggles – The course teaches us skills to learn
- What we do that makes us be ineffective, lose our child’s respect, and have them tune us out
- Questions to ask yourself in the midst of a power struggle that works like magic
- The cure for “parent deafness” in children
- Ways to develop self-motivation
- How to minimize the hassles, tantrums, and tears.
- Positive Psychology and Happy Children: Mindful Parenting – Help Your Children Succeed by Playing the Mindfulness Games, Connect with them and Help them Become Successful in Life.
- Mindful & Responsive Parenting: Communication That Works – Manage emotions & meet your children’s needs, research based online parenting skills and resources.
- Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing at Yale University. The course gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents.
There are innumerable courses online about parenting and techniques. As parents, we can’t be rigid in our approach but have to malleable enough to accept change and adapt and stern enough to put across learning and discipline.