When we don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables, we miss essential nutrients, which can lower our risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, and other health conditions. A healthful, balanced diet supplies the body with sufficient nutrients to carry out routine tasks. Supplements such as vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, phytochemicals, and more enrich the body’s internal environment to fortify cellular protection, repair, and regeneration and support the Renewal process.
Here are reasons why you should take the supplement to support your overall health and wellness.
- Support immune function: Vast majority approximately 80% of your immune system is located in your gut. Because so many of your immune cells inhabit your intestinal tract, a healthy and balanced immune response is largely dependent on strong communities of beneficial bacteria existing within the gut environment. A high-quality supplement (preferably with multiple strains of good bacteria) works to crowd out the bad guys and support the foundation of your health at its core.
- Filling that nutritional Gap: 90% of people don’t get the recommended amount of important nutrients from food alone. Supplementation is intended to bridge the nutritional gap so that we maintain the proper balance of nutrients from food and supplementation. This will enhance the nutrient density of your diet and make sure you are obtaining the right amount of nutrients tailored to your dietary needs.
- Nutrient absorption declines with age: Several studies have shown kids need more nutrients to support growth, and older people need more nutrients due to malabsorption. All children aged 6 months to 5 years should take a supplement containing vitamins A, C and D. This is a precaution because growing children may not get enough of these vitamins, especially those not eating a varied diet, for example, fussy eaters.
- As you age, hydrochloric acid and digestive enzyme production naturally decline, making it difficult for you to break down and absorb nutrients from your foods. As you age, you also often begin taking medications which can interfere with nutrient absorption. This means you need to take more nutrients in the most absorbable form possible.
- Support healthy weight management: According to recent research, having a healthy balance of microflora in your gut helps support up your metabolism and can even encourage healthy weight management. An unbalanced gut can also lead to changes in mood and hormone levels that trigger “comfort food” cravings, leading to unwanted extra pounds.
Reported by Dr. Himani