Being a Bollywood actress is synonymous with style and luxury. Especially when our actresses get hitched, they not only set the bridal trends of the season but gives a new meaning to the word extravaganza. From their sarees and lehengas to the multi million-dollar worth jewelry everything becomes the talk of the town. Likewise, when it comes to choosing mangalsutras for themselves, Bollywood divas don’t shy away from the expense. Here are 6 most expensive mangalsutras that our divas sported after their weddings.
1. The wedding of Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli screamed fairytale. From the scenic international setting to her ethereal bridal look everything was dreamy. The mangalsutra Anushka was spotted wearing rumored to cost a whopping 52 lakhs.
2. News has been out that Deepika Padukone’s mangalsutra which is a stunning design with solitaire, cost Rs 20 Lakh.
3. Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan got married according to the Hindu rituals in a private ceremony. After their marriage, there were speculations revolving around the hefty price of the ‘mangalsutra’ which actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has that costs a whopping Rs 45 lakhs.
4. Bollywood’s fitness freak actress ‘Shilpa Shetty’ got married to businessman ‘Raj Kundra’. Their marriage took place as per the Hindu rituals and ‘Shetty’s ‘mangalsutra’ grabbed eyeballs everywhere in the media as it cost a whopping Rs 30 lakh!
5. Sonam Kapoor got married to the businessman Anand Ahuja. Her wedding ring cost Rs 90 lakh and with her mangalsutra she went a step ahead. Sonam customized her mangalsutra according to her and Anand Ahuja’s sun signs. It has a solitaire in the middle and has Gemini on one side and Leo on the other side.
6. Priyanka Chopra’s mangalsutra was what caught the attention most. It was a beautiful and unique piece, complete with a tear-shaped diamond locket. It was unique because it had black and gold beads only at the beginning. Unlike a normal mangalsutra which has black and gold beads throughout the chain, Priyanka’s was a simple gold chain, with a few beads next to the pendant.
In Indian culture, Mangalsutra stands for primary importance among married women. It doesn’t matter if you’re a celebrity or not, this accessory holds the utmost value in our society. With actresses donning it as a fashion trend, be it sporting as a bracelet or simply opting for a simple sober look, the mangalsutra has evolved over the years.