Recycling an old bottle to pep up the kitchen decor is an easy and cost-effective way to deal with things. We all have plenty of bottles lying around in the house that we can use in a smart way to add to the kitchen decor. In this article, we will share a simple way that you can reuse an empty bottle to zing up the kitchen decor. All you will need is an empty bottle, some grains or vegetables. So, let here it goes to make your own DIY kitchen decor stuff.
- An empty Beautiful looking bottle with cap
- Diced Carrots
- Sliced Garlic
- Green Peas
- Green onion
- Sliced Lemon
- Vinegar preferably a 9% one
- Adhesive tape double-sided
- Wooden skewers
- Fabric piece
How to do it?
- Start by keeping all the materials nearby.
- Make sure the bottle is clean at the start as you do not want it to look dirty.
- Start by putting the vegetables in the bottle one by one.
- Choose the order you like. Make sure you always place vegetables that look in contrast to each other. Like with carrots use peas in the next place.
- Tilt the bottle to evenly distribute the vegetables.
- The best way is to make use of wooden skewers. You can also place lemon slices or veggies in the skewer and drop them one by one. So, they do not mix up.
- When all the vegetables are stacked properly. Fill the bottle with vinegar through a funnel. Fill little by little, you can hit a little bottle on the table, to have kept vegetables and vinegar poured over inside.
- Keep the bottle aside in a standing position for 5 minutes.
- Add a few vinegar drops to the bottle at the end too. As some will be absorbed into the vegetables.
- Close the bottle cap, is pasted over the neck of the bilateral adhesive tape.
- Paste a piece of fabric over the adhesive tape to close it and wrap it with twine.
Over time the veggies will change color but the vinegar will keep them preserved. So, when the next time you are looking to recycle old bottles makes the best use of them by adding it to the kitchen decor.