Accommodations make up the biggest part of most travel budgets. Even if you opt to stay in the cheapest of places, it can still be a real drain on your finances. But with a little effort and an open mind, it’s easy to get free or low budget accommodations all over the world when you travel.
1.The best way to get freeaccommodation is by staying with a local who will give you a free place, local information, and someone to hang out with! This is the easiest way to save money and one that nets an awesome cultural experience too! There are a few websites such as Couchsurfing, Global Freeloaders and Hospitality Club that make this happen. Being travelers themselves, hosts are sociable people looking to meet new friends and introduce them to their local area. This is better for short stays of a few days or less.
2. Religious houses across the globe offer free stay. You don’t have to have a great faith yourself, but you will be expected to abide by their strict rules. It’s a great way to get a different perspective on an area, though, and opens you up to new experiences.
3. Hostels are a great option for budget travelers. The rooms are dormitory-style with all the facilities shared. Many hostels offer small rooms, singles, and doubles designed for solo travelers or couples. It offers more amenities than hotelslike wifi, tour desks, bars, curtains, lockers, big bathrooms, and lots more! Hostel dorms are the best value for budget travelers. Bigger the room, the cheaper the cost. You have to share a room with strangers, but if you are on a budget, it is the best way to save money. Hostels are safe, secure, and cheap. Don’t overlook them.
4. Swapping houses with someone who lives in a location that you want to visit. It is the perfect way to get free accommodations while ensuring that your home is looked after while you’re away. It requires you to have a property in the first place, and as such, it is good for those who own houses and want a home to vacation in.
5. Try a farm stay which allows you to stay on working farms. Facilities include basic camping to luxury rooms. It’s like you’re staying at a bed and breakfast. Prices vary depending on where you are in the world.
6. If you have friends or extended family living in a place you’d like to visit, ask if you can stay with them! Put out a message on social media asking if anyone in your desired location could put you up? You’ll meet some new people in the process.
You May Also Like: How Compatible Are Taurus Male And Cancer Female? Let’s Know Here