In the modern world, it is necessary to have good work performance as well as good appearance. The dressing should be comfortable and appropriate to the concerned workplace. Dressing tactics also vary from industry to industry as well as among hierarchy of professionals. For example- very simple and formal workwear is appreciated in hospitals whereas you are bound to look fashionable and glamorous if you are working for fashion and media industry. Some companies also conduct personal grooming sessions for new employees especially for the employees facing the customers. We will discuss some tips to look very classy in the office:
1. Uniform – Stick to your uniform, if provided to you and don’t do many changes in it. Just keep them neat and clean.
2. Wear Well Fitted Clothes– It looks very odd if your dress is oversized or extremely tight. So wear dresses having a proper fitting.
3. Wear Neat, Clean and Proper Ironed Clothes– A shirt, pant or dresses with wrinkles can never be appreciated in the workplace so always keep your dress ready one day prior to work.
4. Ethnic Wear for Women– An ethnic kurti with palazzo, pants, and leggings can be worn after matching them well. A saree with floral prints and graphic designs or a silk saree with a golden border can be very appropriate in the office.
5. Do not wear overly Flashy and Neon clothes– Extremely fashionable and funky clothes should be reserved for an outing with friends and should be avoided in office.
6. Wristwatch– It is the most observed accessory in the workplace so a formal and classy wrist watch gives a unique look in the workplace.
7. Polished Shoes– A pair of formal shoes should be worn but it should be regularly polished.
8. Hair – Always keep your hair neat and clean and Tie a pony or bun. Never go to the office with hair wet and messy. It creates a shabby look as well as creates an impression of a bad personality.
9. Don’t apply too much perfume or cologne– It should not be suffocating for the person standing beside you to even take fresh air or breathe. Apply mild perfumes or deodorants in a limited amount.
10. For men proper shaving, a hair cut is very important to look professional as well as responsible. Sometimes men can be taken as a lazy person if they are not able to maintain personal hygiene.
11. Accessories- Bangles, anklets should be avoided in the workplace as it can be very noisy in office. Some people are fond of rings but a ring for every finger can be very distracting for other people.
12. Avoid ankle socks– The socks should be of appropriate length in order to prevent your skin from showing up when pants lift up while crossing legs.