A 5000-year-old system of medicine practiced in India and seen as a cohort to yoga, Ayurveda follows the secrets of nature to lose weight. Ayurveda promotes health and longevity and prevents disease. Our lives are fraught with stress, which is the single most significant cause of weight gain. Ayurveda takes us closer to nature and when combined with yoga helps us to lose weight in the most holistic manner.
In Ayurveda, weight gain or obesity is considered as a disorder of the fat tissue and metabolism, where the fat tissues increase and block all the channels in the digestive system, which further lead to weight gain. Here are some natural ayurvedic remedies that will help in weight loss:
- Start your day with a large glass of warm water with organic lemon – This boosts the digestive system and gives a fresh start to the day.
- Indulge in at least 45-60 minutes of exercise daily, be it yoga or cardio or aerobics.
- Mindfulness is very important. Take at least 10 minutes to meditate and elicit a relaxation response from the body. This helps to De-stress us and prepares us for a happy day.
- Eat three meals in a day and avoid snacking – Stick to proper timings for each meal, this regulates the body.
- Eat foods according to the season and the region you are in – When we eat as much organic and local food as possible, and feast on seasonal, whole foods, our bodies naturally digest and assimilate nutrients.
- Try and assimilate all the six tastes of Ayurveda in your daily diet. Sweet, sour and salty tastes are anabolic, or building, in nature and need the pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes, which are catabolic, or burning in nature, to balance them out.
- Go for a short walk after each meal as it aids digestion. A walk after lunch, preferably 10 to 20 minutes at a moderate pace. If possible, lie on your left side after walking for 10 minutes to further aid in digestion.
- Follow nature’s cycle – Tapping into our natural circadian rhythms create a major hormone-balancing effect.
Ayurveda has a profound effect on life. It is a holistic approach to weight loss that feels healthy and balanced.
Read More: WEIGHT LOSS AFTER ABORTION