Solo vacations can be rewarding, as you’ll grow your relationship with yourself and learn what you’re capable of. Being a woman, solo traveling comes with some pretty sweet perks. Many travelers, especially women travelers have concerns about safety, unwanted attention from society, and loneliness. There are several things solo woman travelers can do to bring peace of mind before they set off on their solo adventures. Check out these essential tips for solo woman travelers.
- Being a woman, if you aren’t quite ready to make a leap across the globe on your own yet, try somewhere close to home. Take a train to a neighboring city so you can get used to commuting alone. Try an overnight trip to a nearby state or to get comfortable with staying in a hotel or hostel on your own. Then you can travel farther on your own.
- Research about the weather, local customs, dress codes, etiquette, etc before you go. Make sure you know the basics of what to expect and you’ll make better choices to get the most out of your trip.
- Always book your first night’s accommodation. You’ll rest easy knowing you won’t have to deal with finding a hotel late at night or while jet-lagged. Keep the address to your hotel handy and carry your passport with some extra cash along with your travel insurance.
You May Also Like: Checkout These Places To Go For A Date In Delhi
- Travel is all about breaking out of your comfort zone and growing beyond self-set boundaries. Don’t let your fears of safety, thoughts of being lonely, or concerns of getting stranded stop you from discovering yourself and the world. Go even if you aren’t sure—travel can expand your perspective and empower your sense of self.
- Make a checklist to avoid overpacking. Carry only a few outfits that you can mix and match.
- Knowledge of basic self-defense will help you when traveling solo. It will empower you with a thought like you can neutralize any threat and take down any opponent.
- Follow your wanderlust and make sure it’s a safe destination, or know what to expect before you go. The first step would be to pick a city or region that has low crime and is considered “safe” for a female traveler. Read travel blogs with lists of destinations that are solo-woman friendly. It is best to match your destination with your strengths. You’ll be able to relax and enjoy your trip better if you don’t have to worry about violence or muggings. If you can’t handle unwanted attention from men, book tickets to places that are female-friendly.
As a solo woman traveler, be confident and informed. Use your basic sense, be assertive but don’t forget to enjoy it. Be warm and friendly with locals. It will help you meet fascinating people and like-minded travelers.