Our hair is our ticket to a confident self. Well-kept hair is a sign of good care and love that we shower on ourselves and bodies. Your hair needs proper care and protection. External and internal factors can cause damage to your hair. During wake up hours and sleeping hours, you can look after your hair.
We spend at least one-third of each day sleeping. This time can be used for intensive hair care. So here are hair care tips for you to look after your hair at night:
- Use a silk pillowcase when sleeping as it soft and smooth. If you don’t have a silk pillow use a silk scarf on your cotton pillow. It will save your hair from being rubbed too much.
- If you can’t get a silk pillowcase, use any old pillowcase to sleep on.
- Tie your hair loosely in a pony-tail. Tight hair can tear and break your hair through the night.
- Avoid tying your hair too tightly into a bun or a pony as it can lead to a receding hairline, thinning hair around the temples, bangs, sideburns. Tie your hair loose and in a comfortable way.
- Do not sleep with wet hair as it can stretch and break easily.
- Use a brush with natural bristles or use a wide tooth comb. Brush your hair from root to tip for a few minutes as it will help distribute natural scalp oils and you will wake up with shiny and healthy hair.
- Condition your hair as t prevents breakage and damage while you sleep.
- If at all you have to wash your hair, then let your hair dry naturally.
- Apply a small amount of oil to the ends of your hair before you hit the bed. The ends of your hair tend to be drier than your roots, so a little extra moisture before bed can keep them looking smooth and shiny.
- A scalp massage before bedtime will also help you achieve sound sleep. Gently stimulate your scalp with your fingertips before bed, this helps in blood circulation to the scalp, leading to healthy growth.
Beauty sleep is a must for all, pampering your hair while you sleep gives it intensive and deep nourishment.