Rainy season brings along a lot of relief from the heat and the arid sun. However, when the rains come they bring along a lot of woes like parasites, infections, and flu. These don’t just affect the hoomans aka humans but they affect our pets as well. So, here in this article, we will list down some basic tips that will help you take care of your pets.
Tips for taking care of dogs:
- Never let your dog or cat be wet. A damp fur is a breeding house for fungi and bacteria. Always make sure that you rub down your dog before and after your walk in the rainy season. Blow-dry your dog to do away with dampness.
- Bathing dogs and cats now and then in the rainy season is not a good idea. The best thing you can do is use a dry shampoo instead of a regular one.
- Keep the dog or cats paws clean. The paws come in contact with the floor or ground all the time. So, it is the harbor of pathogens and diseases. So, unclean paws can lead to infection and other problems. Make your pet wear rubber shoes or socks to prevent grass and other items to get down in the paws. The paw wear will help you safeguard your pets foot.
- Give your pet clean water at all times so that they do not have tummy troubles. Adding more fruits and vegetables to your dog’s diet will provide additional fiber. More fiber in your dog’s food will allow regular bowel movements, even if you don’t walk much.
- Check your pet’s ears as moisture can lead to ear infections. Wipe off the excess wax and keep the ears dry. Dry the ears after every outdoor play session as well as baths. Ears that are long and closed are at a greater risk of getting infected.
- Change your pet’s bedding frequently to avoid any parasites and insects from getting in.
- Covered the terrace if your pet likes to rest on the rooftop.
- If it is raining hard look for alternate activities like climbing the stairs up and down in an apartment. Playing in the house with a stick or something like this.
- The use of anti-tick shampoos and collars are some preventative measures. Also, tick sprays and powders work effectively to kill and keep away these pests.
- Follow a suitable de-worming and immunization schedule to keep infections at bay.