Herb is any seed-bearing plant which does not have a woody stem and dies down to the ground after flowering. Herbs have savory and aromatic properties that are used for flavoring and garnishing food, medicinal purposes, or for fragrances. Triphala has been used in traditional Ayurvedic herb medicine since ancient times as a multi-purpose treatment for symptoms ranging from stomach ailments to weight loss. Triphala has been used in traditional Ayurvedic herb medicine since ancient times as a multi-purpose treatment for symptoms ranging from stomach ailments to weight loss. It also has antioxidants and is used to prevent or delay aging. It also has some anti-cancer properties. Triphala is a mixture of the dried fruits of the three plants Indian gooseberry or Amalaki, Baheda or Bibhitaki; and Chebulic Myrobalan or Haritaki.
Indian gooseberry or Amalaki: Indian gooseberry and its extract are used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat symptoms like constipation and also used in cancer prevention.
Bibhitaki: This fruit used as a treatment for common ailments like bacterial and viral infections.
Haritaki: It has been used since ancient times as a remedy for a number of conditions, including heart disease, asthma, ulcers and stomach ailments. Studies have shown that Haritaki has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Triphala Health Benefits:
- Improve digestion: Triphala works great as a laxative and can be used to stimulate bowel movements. Triphala give help for farewell to bloating, fussy stomach, or even diarrhea. Triphala provides nutrition in the form of nutrients and vitamins to the entire digestive tract and improves and strengthens the rectal muscles.
To get rid of constipation, have a glass full of warm water with 2 teaspoons of Triphala powder or one capsule form of Triphala in every night before going bed and every morning on an empty stomach. Make sure you don’t eat anything after having it. However, you may have water after half an hour.
- Cancer fighter: The gallic acid in Triphala has been shown in scientific research to have promising anticancer activity, specifically when it comes to prostate cancer cells. Triphala mouth rinse may help to reverse tobacco-induced oral precancerous lesions. It has the ability to kill tumor cells but spares normal cells making it very promising as a potential anticancer drug.
- The stress-reducing potential of Triphala: Triphala protected against cold-induced stress and reversed stress-induced behavioral alterations and biochemical changes such as increased lipid peroxidation and corticosterone levels. Triphala also prevented noise-induced stress.
- Detoxify: Once you start consuming Triphala, you can also give your body the necessary detoxification. The herb lends your skin a glowing touch.
- Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Arthritis: Triphala’s high antioxidant and polyphenol content make it an excellent anti-inflammatory. In order to combat arthritis, a smart natural approach should involve consuming anti-inflammatory foods and supplements. Most of the studies are showing that Triphala might be a helpful natural remedy for arthritis sufferers. It improved bone and cartilage breakdown during rheumatoid arthritis.
Read More: Cramps Pain Again? Try These Yoga Poses
Reported by Dr.Himani