If you want to boost your immune system, increase your metabolism, and boost energy levels then adding coconut oil to your coffee is an excellent idea. Coconut oil gives you a boost in energy and helps to fight all the super germs, come in contact every day.
Here are the benefits of adding coconut oil to your coffee.
Benefits of Coconut Oil in Coffee:
- Coconut oil increases your energy: Coconut oil gives you energy because coconut oil is made up of MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides). MCTs are more rapidly absorbed by the body and are quickly metabolized as fuel (not stored as fat).
- It may curb your appetite: If you’ve been trying to curb your appetite without success, adding coconut oil to your morning coffee may help. Again, this has to do with MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides). Research shows that people consume fewer calories when they take MCTs. Many research shows that increasing fat intake helps reduce appetite.
- It helps fight against infections: A regular sip of coconut oil coffee can’t only help you shed extra pounds, but it can also boost your immune system. Antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties are found in the coconut oil that fights against infections.
- Blood sugar regulation: Unlike most foods we eat, consuming coconut oil does not trigger a release of insulin, but it does help our cells bind more efficiently to insulin, meaning that the entire blood-sugar regulation process is improved. This is vital for diabetics and those who struggle with blood sugar levels and are at risk of diabetes.
- Prevents diseases of the heart: Coconut oil is also very rich in saturated fats which are natural. Such fats not only help to increase the good cholesterol which is healthy for the body but also helps in converting the bad cholesterol which can be quite harmful to the body. Several studies have found that coconut oil can raise levels of HDL cholesterol, which is protective against heart disease.
How Much Coconut Oil Should Put in Coffee?
You should put at least 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into your cup of coffee in the morning, although some people add 2 tablespoons or more.
Read More: Why You Should Use Silk Pillows?
Reported by Dr. Himani