There is one thing that fits as it should and that is your hair, your beautiful mane. Hair has been the center stage for a lot of romantic songs, fairy tales and stories. Your good hair days and bad hair days decide your daily routine, it’s as if they have a mind of their own. You need to follow a strict hair care routine that helps you achieve the first goal of having healthy hair. The second goal is to incorporate simple hair care tips and tricks into this haircare routine to get sparkling and shiny results.
Magazines, Tv and the radio are flooded with ads about haircare products. These products are available in all supermarts, shops close to your residence. Along with haircare products, there are a whole lot of natural products available to treat our hair with.
Here are some hair care tips for you to monitor:
- Develop a routine for your hair by knowing your hair type. This determines the kind of treatment you should use for your hair.
- Avoid combing wet hair as they break easily. If at all you have to hurry then use a wide toothed comb and comb gently.
- Include iron and protein-rich foods in your diet as they are the building blocks of your hair. Regular intake will ensure strong, hydrated hair. Eat lots of leafy vegetables, fish, beans, and cereals. Also include cheese, lentils, milk, yogurt, etc.
- Trim your hair regularly to get rid of rough split ends every few weeks.
- Use a good quality shampoo for cleansing your hair, a micellar shampoo is a good investment for shampooing. If you use a regular shampoo see to it that it is sulfate free. Do not use scorching hot water to wash your hair.
- Always condition your hair after shampooing. Use natural conditioners like an egg, curd to condition your hair naturally. And if you think otherwise, then deep conditions are available to buy in the market. Use cold water to rinse off the conditioner.
- Go natural, avoid coloring especially if you have rough hair as the chemicals in hair color strips it of its natural oils leaving it brittle and dry. Use natural ingredients to color like henna, chamomile tea, honey or just lemon.
- Avoid going out in the blistering Sun. wear a hat if you have to go or apply sunblock to your hair…. Don’t be surprised there are sunscreens available for your hair too.
- Regularly oil your hair with coconut oil, olive oil or any other oil. Use hair masks to hydrate your hair. A natural hair mask of egg, curd and mustard oil does wonder to your hair.
- Gently massage your hair and your scalp.
- Avoid using a blow dryer to dry your hair. Use a soft towel to wipe off the extra water and let them dry naturally.
- Don’t tie your hair too tightly as it breaks the hair. Use soft elastics and clips to tie up your hair.
I’m sure these hair care tips will help get started on your wonderful mop of hair. For the lustrous straight hair to the curly locks, these tips will add glamour to your hair even more.