Your mane is your crowning glory. The first thing that anyone notices about you… are your hair. A lustrous mane presents a well turned out person with a pleasing personality, while an untidy head of hair tells that hygiene is not on your priority list. Whether you are a boy or a girl, your hair care routine is as important as your other jobs.
Your appearance plays a very important role in building your confidence as a person. A stunning personality is an amalgamation of good skin and hair, well-tailored clothes and the right attitude. As much as we stick to the fashion scene and look after our skin religiously we somehow just forget about our hair. The fairy tales are full of stories about beautiful tresses like Goldilocks and Rapunzel that we can only dream of!! But we can follow a good hair care routine and nurture our tresses too.
- It is important to know your hair type first. There are four hair types
- Straight hair
- Wavy hair
- Curly hair
- Coily/ Kinky hair
After determining your hair type it becomes easier to follow a specific hair care ritual. I’m using the word ritual as it should be followed religiously for best results.
- Use a micellar shampoo as they gently cleanse your hair without stripping them of natural oils. They make your hair bouncier by cleansing it and are good for all hair types.
- Brush your hair from bottom up to avoid any hair breakage. Brush your hair once a day and opt for a plastic brush.
- Oil your hair regularly with coconut oil or any other oil. Regular oiling prevents hair breakage, boosts blood circulation, moisturizes the hair and provides it with nutrients. Oiling is recommended to be done an evening prior to washing your hair and if that sounds impossible then an hour before you wash your hair.
- Shampooing your hair should be twice while taking a head wash as the first round of shampooing cleans all the dust and gunk and the second wash cleanses the hair. Do not use scalding hot water to wash your hair.
- Deep condition your hair. After shampooing you must condition your hair for it to retain all the moisture. The conditioner keeps the hair supple and soft.
- Let your hair dry naturally, avoid using hot tools like blow dryers as they drain your hair of the moisture and make them brittle.
- Use natural products for your hair. Synthetic product is chemical laden and can damage your hair permanently.
- Get regular haircuts this helps the hair to grow faster and takes care of brittle split ends in the hair.
- Lastly and the most important is to eat a balanced nutritious diet. Protein and iron are two essential building blocks for hair and you should make sure that you have sufficient amounts of the two.
This hair care routine if followed will give you lustrous hair that is full of bounce and life.