- Symptoms of Motion Sickness
- How to Get Rid of Motion Sickness with Homely Hacks
- Get Help from Kitchen Ingredients
- Apply Acupuncture
- Focus on your Posture
- Say Yes to Spicy Crunchy Crackers
- Let Your Mind Distracted
- Use Essential Oil And Herb
- Try Some Drinks
Motion sickness is a curse, and nobody knows better this than people, who suffer from this condition. You can’t go anywhere with a happy mind if you need to take a vehicle for it. A constant irritation along with several disgusting symptoms follows you constantly throughout your journey. You must feel furious to get rid of this sickening syndrome at anyhow, once you experience it? Unfortunately, sometimes, some heavy medication couldn’t help us in this crisis. So, here we come up with some magical home remedies in this regard as the solution to this problem. Let’s try them out and start enjoying your journey as never before –
Symptoms of Motion Sickness
Before you need to try these remedies, you need to be certain that you actually have this bad condition of motion sickness and not just a bad day! Sometimes, we get motion sickness while traveling through a vehicle like a bus, car, etc. or through the ship, or airplane due to gastric issue, acidity problem, or sleeplessness, and this experience let us conclude that we have motion sickness!
However, the truth is that you have to be confirmed about your motion sickness to try out its effective remedies. Here are the apparent signs of motion sickness –
- Cold sweat
- Incapability to concentrate
- Increased saliva
- Pale skin, etc.
How to Get Rid of Motion Sickness with Homely Hacks?
Here are some best remedies you could try to get rid of those rubbish motion sickness signs temporarily and sometimes even permanently as well. Let’s check these hacks out and try according to your choice –
1. Get Help from Kitchen Ingredients
You can get immediate relief from the irritation of motion sickness with some simple kitchen ingredients if you know how to apply them. Some useful home remedies in such cases are –
- Ginger, especially, eat raw ginger with a pinch of salt
- Fresh lime juice, try it with a cup of lukewarm water
- Green cardamom, chew it directly
- A mix of saunf and mishri, chew it before start traveling
- A piece of mulethi or licorice stick, suck it before going
- Tamarind or tamarind candy, suck it very often
- Carom seeds or ajwain; chew it before starting your journey and throughout the entire journey with a pinch of black salt.
2. Apply Acupuncture
Acupuncture and acupressure play a significant role in controlling our motion sickness and its symptom. Know about the pressure points in detail first of your body and hold the related pressure point firmly for a couple of seconds whenever you feel ill with the motion sickness. To use this trick, follow our instructions –
- P6 point is located in the inside of your left wrist
- Now use the index, middle and ring finger of your right hand to firmly press it
- Press the point for five seconds and leave it quickly
- Try this trick during your journey more often to get temporary relief
3. Focus on Your Posture
Focusing on your posture may help you immensely in this attempt of controlling motion sickness. Essentially, the whipping part of a journey initiates motion sickness in a person badly. Therefore, try to choose a part of the vehicle where you can less whip than other parts. Generally, the middle part of a vehicle suffers less shaking than the front and back parts. Furthermore after choosing the right part to sit, you need to check your posture and hold the stance that gives you fewer signs of motion sickness apparently. Let’s how to use this trick smartly –
- Firstly, sit on the window side of the middle part of a car and keep your body straight
- Secondly, keep your eyes set on a fixed point in front of your vehicle and don’t let the view swirling around the road during a journey
- If you can’t set your eye fixed on a single point, close your eyes and imagine a single point in mind
- Thirdly, don’t change your position often and avoid head or shoulder activities throughout your journey
- Fourthly, reading books, watching pictures, watching videos on your mobile, etc. are some activities that may trigger your motion sickness
- So, avoid such kind of entertainment and just sit back with a relaxing mind to enjoy your journey without any sickness
4. Say Yes to Spicy and Crunchy Crackers
Eat some spicy crackers to settle your stomach before starting your journey or during the journey in a vehicle. Sometimes, an empty stomach may activate motion sickness in a person. So, try your teeth on some foods that could settle down your empty-stomach issues perfectly. Furthermore, Spicy Tangy taste helps such condition more interestingly to control the signs of vomiting, nausea, dizziness, etc.
However, some over spicy or oily food may irritate the stomach and initiate motion sickness in you badly. So, pick food that has a tangy taste bad no harmful spices in it. Thus, some recommendable snacks in this regard –
- Baked chips with ginger powder
- Cereal snacks
- Granola bars with honey
- Fruit bites
- Citrus fruit
- Grain bars
- Simple toasted bread, etc.
5. Let Your Mind Distracted from the Motion Sickness Feelings
A distracted mind works a lot more progressively in treating motion sickness. So, let your mind be distracted via some good entertainment options, which don’t bother your motion sickness. Sometimes, we get motion sickness due to psychological reasons. Hence, a distracted mind diminishes the possibility of getting motion sickness efficiently. Some useful mind-distraction tricks in this regard are –
- Listen to some subtle music
- Additionally, strike up a conversation with your companion on some interesting topic you love
- Put down the window and enjoy the wind with a closed eye
- Listen to an audiobook on thrilling genre, etc.
6. Use Essential Oils And Herbs
Essential oils and herbs are something that aids you like a boon in this crisis. You can use essential oils for aromatherapy to get the direct effects of them on the signs of motion sickness.
Moreover, you can induce them through some herbal tea recipes to get the benefits of such herbs as well as essential oils to treat motion sickness. These organic processes are much effective than any contemporary medication to ease the hardness of motion sickness noticeably. Some recommended options in this attempt are –
- Ginger oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, etc. are good for aromatherapy
- Chamomile oil, ginger oil, licorice root, etc. are good for making herbal tea
- Try to take the aromatherapy session at the beginning part of a day before starting the journey
- Make the tea and store it in a travel mug, then, drink it slowly throughout your journey in hot or cold condition.
7. Try Some Drinks
A bunch of nice drinks can save you efficiently from this disgusting feeling of motion sickness. Some people get motion sickness due to the stomach issues trigger by the journey. Thus, if we get some drink that solves our stomach irritability then, take that drink instantly. Additionally, you need to drink small sips of such drinks consistently throughout your journey. A few recommended drinks in this regard –
- Carbonated drinks
- Ginger ale
- Soda with lime juice
- Lemon water
- cold apple juice
However, don’t be mistaken by the wrong drinks during a journey, or they may worsen your experience of motion sickness unforgettably. You must abound some drinks during the journey when having motion sickness. These must-avoidable drinks are –
- Milky coffee
- Any caffeine beverages
- Certain sodas
- Curd-sugar-ice mixtures (lassi), etc.
So, try these hacks out and let enjoy your journey without any fear or stress of motion sickness forever.