From being a taboo topic to being discussed a little more openly sex boosting foods have come a long way. These are also known as aphrodisiacs… Well, it isn’t as complicated or grey as it sounds. Instead, it’s a colorful combination of foods that help us perform better under the sheets……
An aphrodisiac heightens arousal and desire by stimulating your senses and/or increasing blood flow. Though there is no scientific evidence to the sex-boosting benefits of these foods, yet they have been omnipresent since the Neolithic times. There are many naturally available sex boosting foods which include fruits, herbs and spices, and veggies too. Apart from these,, there are some chemically formulated OTC drugs that help boost up your sex life.
These foods work by stimulating your senses as a result of which hormone boost sends signals out to the rest of your body. Sex boosting foods differ for men and women. Some aphrodisiac foods are more potent than others and help increase sex drive in men like pine nuts, ginger etc. While aphrodisiacs like chili peppers and asparagus help to stimulate nerves, open the veins, increase the heart rate and heighten sensation, all of which contribute to a great orgasm.
A healthy sex drive leads to good emotional and physical well-being. Listed below are some of the best sex boosting foods that do work wonders for you:
- Oysters, clams, and scallops contain compounds that raise testosterone and estrogen levels. Oysters are also an excellent source of zinc, which aids blood flow to sexual organs in both genders.
- Salmon, halibut, tuna are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and enhances your sex life.
- Nuts and seeds like walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, and the ever faithful peanuts are loaded with zinc and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Apples along with berries, cherries, onions, and dark-colored grapes, are rich in quercetin. Quercetin plays a role in controlling symptoms of prostatitis and interstitial cystitis (IC), and it promotes circulation.
- Garlic – The pungent herb is a natural blood thinner often used to prevent high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease. The anticoagulant properties help ensure plenty of blood flow to your nether regions.
- Watermelon – Contains citrulline, a compound that helps the body relax blood vessels, boosting blood flow, giving it the name natural Viagra.
- Dark chocolate contains a compound called phenylethylamine, which triggers the release of endorphins (happy-making chemicals released after a great workout) and feel-good dopamine.
There are many sex boosting foods that will help boost your lovemaking endurance.