Do you know 90% of world population is suffering from Hypothyroidism? You may be wondering what this is. Why is it important to me? Well, it is not like normal thyroid but a condition where the thyroid is underactive. When thyroid hormone production drops, our body process also slowdowns. This may cause fatigues, dry skin, memory problem, depression, weight gain and many more.
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland which is below the neck and it is the chief gland of energy and metabolism. It is like a fundamental mechanism of a complex machine.
The main problem is that this is not rooted in thyroid but an immune mis-response due to which most of the people suffering do not even know about it. But not to worry, by making some dietary changes you can easily fight this.
- Reduce intake of sugar and caffeine.
- Increase intake of protein in your diet. This would help you get normal thyroid and you would enjoy your meal better.
- Nutrients level maintained. Take a diet with an adequate level of nutrients.
- Intake good fat. Eat avocados, dark chocolate, fatty fish as these are rich in healthy fat.
- Gluten-free diet. Don’t get scared by the name in layman’s language this means protein found in wheat. For this, you can have rice, soy, corn, chia, etc.
- Have mindful intake of Goitrogens. Goitrogens are food that can interfere with thyroid functions. Take LIMITED AMOUNT ONLY!!
- Glutathione is an amino acid found in every cell. This is often considered a master antioxidant. This strengthens the immunity of a person and acts as a pillar in the fight against hypothyroidism.
- Practice meditation of minimum 30mins in a day. The thyroid gland is a sensitive gland and responds to stress really quick.
Stay healthy and happy
Article By: Arpita