Some days when you get in bed, it is like you are spending more time trying to get to sleep rather than actually sleeping. If you are one of those then this is really common. Believe me, sleeping late, gadgets, Netflix and so much more has made sleeping a real challenge. And, people like me who stay in Delhi NCR. Continuous honking is a real blessing. Oops!! It is sarcasm. Trying too hard to sleep actually keeps us awake for longer. Although here are some scientific hacks, not beauty hacks that will move your body to the shutdown mode.
The Military Method:
The method has been first quoted in the book by Sharon Ackerman, titled “Relax and Win: Championship Performance.” This method is accredited to the U.S. Navy Pre-Flight School, where this method is used to make the pilots fall asleep within 2 minutes. As per the author, this method took six weeks of rigorous practice before showing the marvelous outcome. Over 98% of the pilots were able to fall asleep and reduce the chances of human error during World War II. The pilots could sleep even after having a cup of coffee or gunfire in the backdrop. Here is how this method works.
- Start by taking a deep breath and relaxing your entire face. This includes the muscles inside your mouth.
- Drop your shoulders to release the tension.
- Let your hands drop to the side of your body.
- Exhale, relaxing your chest.
- Relax your legs, thighs, and calves.
- Clear your mind for 10 seconds by imagining a relaxing scene. Like lying in a canoe on a calm lake with a clear blue sky above you, watching the stars near the ocean, lying in a hammock near the beach, something that you wish to do and makes you calm.
- If this doesn’t work, try saying the words “don’t think” over and over for 10 seconds.
- Within 10 seconds, you should fall asleep!
So, next time you are struggling to catch up on some sleep while travelling or probably in your bed even. You can give this a try.