Diet and exercise are the two constants if you want to lose weight effectively. Any other factor can only be added or deducted if weight loss is on your mind. Almost 80% of weight loss can be attained solely by exercise and a regimented diet. So if you want to lose weight then the right way to go is to exercise well and eat healthily.
According to research, it takes longer for women to lose weight than men. The underlying principle of losing weight is to burn more calories than you eat. It is also important to stay motivated. The right combination of cardio and strength training will let you lose weight. Here are a few exercises that can help in weight loss:
- Cardio exercises can burn fat and calories. You must work at a higher intensity for 1-3 workouts in a week to burn calories effectively.
- Opt for interval training as it burns more calories and can be adapted to any workout. Just work hard for a period of time (say 30-60 seconds), rest for the same length of time or longer (or shorter!) and repeat.
- Tabata Training – Tabata is an excellent way to lose weight. It helps to push you hard for very short periods of time, burn calories and rev up your metabolism.
- Strength training forms an important part of a weight loss program. Strength training isn’t just about lifting weights, it is using weights to lose weight. Strength training helps build strong bones, it preserves the muscle mass.
- Aim for focused strength workouts 1-2 times a week. This can be a total body workout twice a week or split routines for upper and lower body.
- Circuit training workouts 1-2 times a week. With circuit training, you go from one exercise to the next with no rest.
- Lunges especially forward lunges are good for weight loss. Forward lunges are good for core muscles as well as for thighs, legs, and glutes.
- Planks – These targets all the major muscles of the body. You hold yourself in a push-up position, resting your forearms on the ground. Try 3-4 sets of planks holding for 30 seconds each.
- Crunches – These are abdominal workouts that help reduce belly fat. 1000 crunches a day will get you strong abdominal muscles.
- Yoga – It is the simplest exercise for weight loss. there are over 254 asasnas to help you lose weight.
As you progress, increasing the intensity and duration of exercise becomes important. And staying motivated is of the essence of using exercise for weight loss.
Read more: Reduce Extra Kilos by These Yoga Asanas