Everyone knows that dogs are mankind’s best friends. They have been faithful companions. To put it in simple words, dogs are awesome. Whether they’re barking at their leash to convince you to take them on a walk or greeting you when you are home, dogs do little things that put smiles on your faces. There are many reasons why dogs are and always will be man’s best friend? Here’s a look at some reasons why our canine companions have become the best as well as most loyal friends and why we still need them?
· We never have to earn a dog’s love, and we don’t have to love them first. They choose to love us no matter what, wholeheartedly, unquestioningly, unconditionally, no strings attached. Even when we don’t deserve it, even when we don’t love ourselves, even when we’re angry, dogs love us. Dogs give us the best of themselves: their love, loyalty, unconditional acceptance, affection, playfulness and companionship. The dog will stick with you for life. Even if you didn’t get that job or you think you’ll be alone forever, your dog will make sure that and you’ll never be alone with your dog around. One emotion that dogs demonstrate is inner calm and contentment.
Also Read:- Most Popular Dog Breeds In India!
· They know us better than we know ourselves. Having a fabulous day? Your dog knows and wants to play. Feeling sick or sad? Your dog will leave you alone or comfort you. Feel like a nap or want to chill out in the sun, in the shade, on the beach or the couch? Dogs are in, all the time. Even friends aren’t all in all the time. But dogs always.
· Dogs are intelligent. Dogs help police departments to sniff out drugs and bombs or to track and locate missing persons. Dogs herd our livestock. Dogs can sense changes in blood sugar levels or warn their masters about an impending seizure, guide the blind or by their presence, help to heal the war-scarred veteran. Working dogs of all kinds are amazing and make wonderful best friends.
· Dogs can read people better than you. Dogs have an acute olfactory sense that reacts to fear. If you’re nervous or not sure about someone, your dog will react since he is reading the cues that you might not be aware of giving off, and is looking out for you. If your dog is getting bad vibes from someone, you should take an extra look at that relationship. It’s like your dog is letting you know when to call it to quit, just like a best friend would.
· Dogs take care of their owners. Dogs can save your life. They bark when someone comes into the yard, a stranger comes to the door, or a child gets too close to danger. They wake us up if there’s a natural disaster or other emergencies in the middle of the night. They sense an earthquake before it strikes. Dogs will risk their lives to save their owners without question or concern. When your dog loves you, that love will be forever. A dog doesn’t want a pre-up. Hence, there is no breaking up with a dog.
· Dogs are a friend for life and as long as they are breathing they are going to love you. Dogs feel protective of their owners. Dogs feel protection when their loved ones are sick. They feel it when their master is sad. They want to make things better for their master. They want to protect their master from being hurt. They instinctively know when we are vulnerable.
· They keep us warm. In the old days, humans would cuddle up with pups to stay warm during the harsh winter nights. Many still do this, but did you know it was a real thing? Dogs never wake up on the wrong side of the bed. They are happy to wake up and greet you, every single day.
· Based on your body language, the dog will emulate your current state of mind. When you are sad, they will look at you with big eyes. When you are angry, the fur will rise on their backs, they will start barking and growling at the objects. Others might not respond to your emotional swings in a way that you’d prefer but dogs will always be there whether you’re happy or depressed.
· Dogs can be trained so that they can smoothly cohabitate with us in our human-built dwellings. They can also be trusted to act appropriately around other people and in public places. Dogs can learn to save nature’s call for outdoor walks, to walk on a leash when on public roads where cars lurk, and to sit and to stay whenever necessary.
· Dogs will never judge you, no matter what you do in life. They’ll love you unconditionally no matter what mood you’re in. Want to spend an entire day on the couch or having some nights out your decisions won’t stop your dog loving you.
· Dogs are the best workout partners. Part of being a good pet owner includes making sure your dog is getting their dose of exercise. Taking your dog on a walk is one of the best ways to stay active. Running around and playing with them is fun while keeping fit. There are many other ways to enjoy your time together and build a stronger bond. Take a trip to a dog-friendly beach, explore nature or give an agility session and meet up with other dog owners.
· Dogs are always happy to see you at home. There’s nothing like coming home to see your dog wagging their tail and jumping in excitement to see you. It’s good to know that you have been missed. This is enough to turn a bad day into a good one.
· They’re happy to do what you want to do. We all have those friends who aren’t interested in hanging out. Your dog is always up for an adventure. If you want to chill on the couch and watch movies, your dog will be more than happy to cuddle up next to you. If you fancy a long walk, your dog will join you. No matter how you want to spend your day, you’ll never be alone.